Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

husband away tonight - need support

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All well, on day 4.5 now. Going OK although there are some pretty intense moments and I am feeling pretty tearful today. My husband is away tonight for work (doesn't often happen) so my junkie thinking is along the lines of...well, he wouldn't know...I wouldn't have to admit to him that I slipped again... etc etc. Please please help - I hated being a smoker and although i wouldn't call myself an ex-smoker yet, I am getting there - help. L [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
thanks Guys Am at home now - kids are in bed, I resisted the temptation to buy any cigs on the way home from work, and now the kids are in bed I can't go out to get any, so, no problem with not smoking tonight - somtimes I wish I could just wake up in a world where cigarettes just did not exist - then I couldn't be tempted. Really down tonight - I hope tomorrow will be better. This site helps heaps. L [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Ok, I did today. 10.45 Uk time and I can now legitmately go to bed. Tired, sad and still quite down but another day without smoking - now if I can only get through tomorrow... L
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Littlesteps! Thats great that you got through your crave today. I find it interesting that you say if you slipped your husband wouldn't know...but you would.. you would have to answer to yourself. This quit is for you, it's all about you. Be proud of yourself for making the decision to quit and stay proud everyday. I was having junkie thoughts today too but i always stop myself and say i will never follow through. Someday we won't even have those junkie thoughts but it does take some time and you have to allow yourself the time to get through it...don't short change yourself, give yourself that time. Good job, stick with it!! BJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey, littlesteps......... I'm a wee bit confused about what you said [quote] I hated being a smoker and although i wouldn't call myself an ex-smoker yet, I am getting there - help. [/quote] You are either a smoker or not a smoker. If you haven't put a cigarette into your mouth and lit it, you are a [b]non-smoker[/b] This will be an excellent test for you.......we all have to go thru them from time to time. Yours is just a little bit early for your comfort zone! If you are really really concerned about the little voices in your head :8o:making you do crazy and insane things, like buy smokes, is there any way to remove temptation?? get rid of your cash and atm/credit cards (just for the evening) or for him to take the car? Not sure if in your situation this is possible....i.e. if you have kids it's probably not practical, but try to prepare for this evening as best you can. If all else fails, go to bed. Works for me...... Stay strong........and keep posting/reading. That works too..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi littlesteps, I know how you are feeling. I too am having some of those evil, backstabbing thoughts in my head today. That refrain, "No one has to know." has been going through my head. We both know that isn't true because the person that would know is us. I don't want to go through the bad, shameful feelings I will have if I give in. Stick close to this site today and we will get through this together.[color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 539 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
l/steps! time to pamper yourself!!!! ;p hubby aways means Y O U T I M E !!!!! oh the thing i would do if mine would be off for a night!! long bath ,shave bits, pluck bits !![sorry guys!!! :8o:] order a take away a film and a box of chocs!!! bliss!!! :p
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing now? Each day that you don't smoke does get easier and easier...sometimes it doesn't seem that way but look at the rewards of NOT smoking!! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Little Steps, When you wake up I hope that you come here first and check on the answers to your thread. No matter how bad yesterday was, it is now yesterday. You did make it through. ANd that is all that we have to do. Just get through this next step. Just don't stop and buy that pack, just don't give in to those junkie thoughts. I am sending up prayers for you to have a better day today, as a special reward for resisting yesterday. Remember... just one moment at a time. Don't lite up. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $578.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi littlesteps. I can so relate to what you are saying. So many times during my many times of quitting, I have also been alone and decided that I could smoke and no one would know. My "junkie thinking" even convence me to believe that if no one saw me that it didnt really count. So I smoked!!! The only drawback was that I continued to sneak and smoke until my husband finally caught me and said to me "I knew you would never make it" and then I was a full time "out in the open" smoker again.. I did that so many times I could not began to count..... Hang in there Little steps. Don't smoke that first one. It never works. It only takes one cig to kick in that addiction again...... Its gets easier to be alone, I promise..... Brenna [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 355 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1597.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$32,246.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 3

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: