Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Tomorrow will Be the Day

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
O.K. guys. I haven't focused much about the food issue. I will be 82 days quit tomorrow ...sooooooooooooo. I think I better make a date with the scale. LOL :gasp: I don't know what I could have gained. The only positive thing I have going for me is that my jeans still zip!! If tomorrow morning the earth shakes...it's not an earthquake..it's me letting out a yell. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $362.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Can I join you? I have gained about 20 lbs. since I quit. HATE IT. I was waiting for the weather here to break so I could start walking, but what the heck, I can't wait for ever. Lets go! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I walk my dog every morning but he is old and arthritic so doesn't want to/ can't go very far or very fast but it does get me out of the house. Then I have to have rest to recover since I too am old and arthritic. I also have very bad feet - am waiting for an operation date (2nd one)so I have even more reason not to move around too much. Like some others here I am experiencing a lack of energy to get up and do very much and I was letting this get me down. Now I know there are others out there in the same fix I will wait for it to pass. Can't arrange to meet up with you two who're walking to meet up till I've worked out how to walk on water. Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �147 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, count me in. It's better when you have someone else doing this mess with you. I'm going to start my walking again tomorrow. I can't believe I stopped. When I found out I was diabetic, my dietician told me that when you are really active, your metabolism stays sped up for 6 hours after you've stopped your activity. What she was telling me is not to exercise late in the evening because my blood sugar could drop on me during the night. So I always walked for a while early in the morning and then again about mid day. Mind you, I'm not one of those that jogs or speed walks for miles and miles. I just do a brisk mile walk in the morning and then again in the afternoon. Have you ever seen speed walkers out with their dogs on a leash? My first thought is, "I think I'd get myself a slower dog." :p Today, I've eaten nothing but veggies and some peanuts. I only had a couple of crackers with each meal to keep my blood sugar from dropping too low. I have to have a little bit of carbs. I have to admit, here lately I've been eating too many carbs and that's a huge no, no for me. I have to get back on track. So, let's get started. Okay? I don't want one of those Bedonkadonk butts. Have you seen that commercial? LOL Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let me know your meet up destination....and I'll bring my scale!! :p Since I posted this I haven't done one thing about trying not to gain anymore weight. I'm not even sure if leaning left can hide my damages. THAT'S IT....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! BIG CHANGES TOMORROW. I'M GONNA REV UP THAT METABOLISM!! ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME??? lET'S WORK OUT A PLAN AND REPORT HERE ON CONTROLING OUR BUTTS...(AND I DON'T MEAN TOBACCO BUTTS!!) Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
I'm leavin' the house now, Changing. You ready? LOL Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,634 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tutti - You start walking towards the east coast and I'll start walking towards Texas, by the time we meet up our pants should fit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $338 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 12

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hiya Rosies Friend, I know exactly what you mean about the fatigue. It's weird, huh? It's not like your normal, run of the mill, lazy a**ness. (Is that a word? :confuse:) For me I had NO energy at all but really, I didn't "Want To" do anything. I just had no desire to get up off of my butt. I was real content sitting on the couch, eating, watching TV, sitting some more, eating some more, and catching just 8 or 9 more shows until time to go to bed. :blush: Then I'd sleep like a baby all night and start it all over again the next day!! No wonder my britches are too tight. Geesh!! You know, I started taking a good multi-vitamin and that helped with the fatigue. Of course, I had to MAKE myself get up and move. Once I forced myself to get back into my routine, I felt better and felt better about myself. Changing - I guess we have to really increase our exercise. I know that our metabolisms have slowed down since we quit. So we have to do something to speed them back up and exercise is all I know to do. That's where I have a problem. I love to walk but I hate, hate, hate just doing different exercises. Just doing exercises bores me and drives me up the wall. I have eaten pretty healthy too because I'm diabetic. But, I haven't been walking like I should. Hey, we could start walking and text message each other while we're doing it. ha ha ha ha ha Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,633 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rosie's Friend - I had a HUGE problem with fatigue/lack of energy during the first month of my quit. In fact, I wrote a post that was called something like "Are my legs made of cement or have I turned into a turtle". The good news is that I started to get my energy back around the 4th-5th week - so hopefully you will too! Tutti & Mercy - Oh ladies, how I can relate! First of all, I've gained 11 pounds since I quit. This is especially frustrating because I've been eating super duper healthy & not snacking. Oh well, I'm sure it will come off soon. If not, Mercy - can I borrow your scale? I'm really good at leaning to the left! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,835 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $338 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 12

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, ya'll sure made me feel better about myself. I have no energy and find myself sitting in front of the tv and the next thing I know 2 hours has gone by. Normally or should I say previously, I could not sit still for more than 10 minutes, I would be constantly jumping up and doing something. I bought tomato plants 2 weeks ago to put in the ground, well I finally got the holes dug after 1 week and the tomato plants are still sitting in the table... maybe this week they will make it into the ground? It takes all day to clean the house, that should only take 3-4 hours. I know that in the long run it will be worth it, but it sure is frustrating in the short run! Shannon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 897 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: