Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,786 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

SSC Waist Watchers Group

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie067, That's awesome! More benefits from having quit! Danielle ____________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chickstar, Simple... breaking it down for ya. Behavior modification (discipline in psychology used as the backbone for this program) operates on the following concepts. 1. Observe and record behavior (this case what your eating, when, how you felt...) 2. Analyze behavior: identify problem areas and triggers or contributing factors. (eat when your bored? upset?) 3. Plan & prepare for a new behavior. Ex: go grocery shopping with a list and stick to it, don't eat out, don't have enough money on you to eat out, plan meals ahead of time... 4. Revise & adjust to see if plan is working. 5. Practice, practice, practice until it's second nature. Good luck! Hope this helped. Danielle ___________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking Free, Don't discourage, you have the power to change what you don't like. Go for it and if you need tips, we're here! Danielle ____________________________ The SSC Support Team
Go Breaking Free Go! Your perseverance and determination is admirable! Keep up the great work! Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
Breaking Free, Of course your sore! Look how hard you're working! Keep it up! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
Congratulations Breaking Free! You're making great progress! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
SSC Waist Watchers, As you may have noticed, I have edited out your weight trackers. Unfortunately, they provide a link to the site from where they were acquired. As you all know the posting of a URL is not permitted on the SSC. I have done my best to re-write your weights in your posts. Please contact us through our feedback section if you notice an error. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stoppin' I hear you. Grrr.... This is a weird one. I cut calories dramatically Monday and Tuesday. I was up 3 pounds by Wed. Wed, I said F it all. Ate like I wanted. Down 3 pounds Thurs. I think my body hates me and is trying to trick me. So this week start 174 then to 177 back to 174. Always weigh in the morning. Always after using the bathroom. Have no idea what to make of the fluctuation. GOOD NEWS though. I checked in with the Biggest Loser club and according to a free on line test. My target weight should be 140, not 135. So does that count as losing 5 pounds :p I am grateful for not having to report a net gain. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Stoppin! :) Cyberduke hehehe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Nosmo king, Yes, we're doing good! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: