Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

On My Road To Smokbriety

9 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rete648, 

Welcome back!  Great to hear you have not quit quitting!  Aside from champix and your wonderful team of supporters on SSC(!), what strategies do you plan to use to stay smoke-free?  What are your main triggers? 
Vincenza, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't beat yourself up we pick ourselves up and keep trying. The first time I quit I lasted 30 days before caving in for just "one smoke" which is a lie for that one smoke lead to a pack. It was all over after that. So now I'm at day 24 and I am fighting every day, every minute. It doesn't help that my husband still smokes in our home. So if I wanted one it wouldn't be hard to just have one and no one would ever know except me. Keeping fighting and don't listen to the lies. Peace be with you.
9 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unfortunately, I took a detour on my road to smokbriety after 24 days and am now back on the right path and celebrating 7 full days of not smoking.  I started again with Chantix and it was not that difficult to get back to smokbriety.  Now I am getting strong cravings to go in and purchase a pack of cigarettes but I have been stronger that the urge so it has been okay so far.
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Rete648,

How are you doing today? Looks  like you are almost through  heck week. How do you plan on rewarding yourself?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am with you on that...we have done damage to our lungs, so we need to allow them to heal..its hard...but every day we don't smoke, is another day that our lungs can heal...hope that helps...

Jodie 
10 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Loving this post 
10 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still quit ;-)   That sounds so good.  Day 9
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

" It won't end my quit "    That is music to my ears.  You said it, now keep saying it and your days, weeks and months will mount up so fast!!!  Nothing must get in the way of your quit!!!

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!! 

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm pretty sure I coughed a ton more the few days after I quit than I ever did when I was smoking. I think the lungs just need some time to clear out all the gunk, which they finally have the opportunity to do now that you're not smoking anymore. 
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Rita!!!

I can understand why you might think that you are more winded now.  Your body is changing and your metabolism is slowing since you aren't sucking that stimulant into your body any longer.  And, like Pen said, your body IS healing now that you have given it the opportunity to do so!  AND, you have been fighting battle after battle with the nico-demon and it really DOES start to wear you down a little after a while!  Oh, how about sleep issues?  Are you getting less like most of us experienced at the beginning?  Everything adds up.  

Relax when ever you have some spare time!  Be extra nice to yourself and reward yourself!  Your strength and stamina will improve with time.  Do heed Pen's advice, too, if you do not see improvements after a bit.  Smoking tends to hide or mask some things that may have been happening to our bodies and they sometimes appear after we quit!  Do see your physician if your symptoms continue for what you consider to be too long! 

Oh, did I mention rewards??? 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 2

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter