Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Struggling

11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammy
I kept reminding myself how much I hated the first 2 weeks and that is what kept me going.I really wanted my quit and I did not want to redo those first 2 weeks.
Reading the posts really helps,you can see how other people made it through and see their milestones and tell yourself you can do it too.
Keep busy, keep strong.

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammy,

The 3 week mark is one you have not passed before, right?

I'm thinking that this is more about your anxiety over the 3 week mark than about anything physical. You are past the physical detox stage (3 days), so any craves you are experiencing are stemming from behavioral associations/ habits.  (Not that the mental can't mess you up pretty good, too.)

At the same time, maybe you can approach this like detox. You know that you just have to get through week 3, one day at a time. Don't bite off big chunks of "Will I be able to keep this quit?" Instead, take small bites of, "I can get through this minute/ 3 minutes (the average length of a crave)/ hour/ day."

And be sure to use all the distractors and substitutes you have been using--have a mint, take a walk, take a nice shower or bath, exercise, take deep breaths, come here to read and post, or do any other thing you have been doing to cope all along.

You will get over this hump. It is entirely possible. And you will look back on this and be grateful that you didn't smoke.
  • Quit Meter

$22,562.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 603 Hours: 2

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on getting through Heck week Sammy!

What did you learn from your past slips? What triggered you then? How can you prepare now?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I made it through the first 2 weeks with not to many cravings, now that I am in week 3 the past couple days have been so hard.
I have been using everything I have to make it through this. I know this is always were I cave, I have never made it past 3 weeks.
I am refusing to cave this time, I don't want to lose this quit. I need to stay strong and fight this with everything I have.
Any advice? I am more than willing to take anything.

Thanks Donna

Reading this thread: