Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,554 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

please be honest

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brat
Congratulations on your 164 days smoke free. I guess I can't give you any advice. You are way ahead of me.
I think that every quit is different. A fortunately few find the quitting process a walk in the park, while the rest of us have to work hard every day to beat our addiction.
It is a hard and challenging but rewarding road. Allen Carr says that you can't be waiting for a moment of revelation where you finally become a nonsmoker.  I think also that a positive attitude helps.
Also if we have no doubts in our decision ,this become nonnegotiable so there is not other option. The only one is to stay smoke free. This really eases the process because we are  not consumed by doubt..
I guess a positive attitude can help you a lot. It is a nasty addiction. It took control of our life and our mind, so is not an easy task to defeat it. We gave cigarrettes so much power and so much atributes . And the sad thing is that all the qualities we saw in cigarrettes ar a mere ilusion.
Think that you are breaking apart of this addiction, and that your recurrent mental toughts are chances to deprogram your brain; every time you defeat a smoking tought you deprogram your brain. Like the Pavlov dog. It is exactly the same. We programmend our brain to smoke and it took a lot of cigarrettes. Now have patience, you smoked for more than 164 days. But you were born a nonsmoker.
If I can do It, you can do it!!
Patience and commitment are keys in saying NOPE everytime.
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 66
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 990
Amount Saved: $99.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 14 Mins: 21 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When do the cravings start to ease off?  I mean, when will the day come when its not the first thing on my mind  when I wake up and the last thing on my mind before I sleep? Obviously it`s not as bad as it was the first few days but how long before i feel like I have won the fight.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 164
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,100
Amount Saved: $1,312.00
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 5 Mins: 49 Seconds: 29

Reading this thread: