Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,532 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Just checking in

16 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much. I love orange suckers. I also like sucking on lolly pops. Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary and congrats on your quit!! Sleeping definitely is a common "side effect" -- but I took it as a time to let my body start healing. Everyone is different, but I went from having a general feeling of malaise to having an almost high feeling at about 3-4 weeks and I still have it. As a matter of fact the energy now is somewhat irritating - I kinda liked being lazy those first 3-4 weeks! Just hang tough - you can and will make it! Here's an orange sucker for you - those are for only the most special people! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $535.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are exactly right Mary, you will not be "cured" over night. You are "recovering." Continue to research withdrawl symptoms. If you have some that you are not quite sure about, please talk with your doctor. I think you are doing GREAT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 341 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,432.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary! I slept A LOT the first few weeks of my quit. I felt terribly lazy and I got way behind on everything. The members here assured me that it was OK and to let my body do what ever it needs. They told me that it would pass, and guess what, they were right as usual! Hang tough mary, you are doing awesome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes, buddy...dont expect to have it all taken care of in a few weeks..it took you so long to get here. like anything else worthwhile, it will take some effort and time to get where you want to be. I have lots of faith in you, that you will get where you want to be. Just do what you have to do every day..and try to grab the enjoyment when you can..it will get so so much better [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,822.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank's everybody I really can't put my finger on whats getting me down. I know i sleep alot. This kinda bothers me. Am i going to sleep the rest of my life just so i don't smoke ? I have been reading alot of diffrent things on smoking. That seem's to help some. I think i am trying to find a answer for diffrent things. Maybe as time goes by things will get easier. It took me 33 yrs to reach this point. I can't expect it to go away overnight. Take Care Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mary, I suffer from depression too. I know what you're going through. It's not easy, but quitting smoking is all worth it. In the long run you end up feeling better about yourself. You're doing good so far, just hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$56,591.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 781 Hours: 6

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mary, it is tough in the beginning. Just be strong and know that we are here for you any time. Hang in there - you CAN do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 340 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,428.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mary, I'm one of those who goes up and down mood-wise. I can get pretty much non-productive for long periods of time. One of the things I think is important to remember is that when we quit smoking we have to be conscious of increasing our "feel good" brain chemicals. That's why exercise and rewarding ourselves is crucial. I'm a big believer in humor and laughter, too, to battle mild depression. Almost every night I watch at least one show or movie that makes me laugh out loud. it really does help. As Sue said, let us know if we can help. And, as Josie said, it is okay to lean on us sometimes too...okay??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 267 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,815.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Mary, when you are having a rough time, if you feel comfortable, share it here - there are many who have been down that road, survived it, stronger I assume and may be here to help you, and perhaps in doing so you will help others. I wish you all the best success. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $393.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: