Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Morning blues

17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean susie144, my mornings are also the worst time for me. I have been changing my morning routine and that has helped. I also love having these boards to read and get encouagment from. Have a great 3rd week and Happy Valentines Day to you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mornings are the worst for me. What I do now is have my breakfast right off and then a steaming hot cup of coffee, head to this site and read and read and read! Then the next step (always NEED to know that there is another distraction immediately following the pc) I head to the kitchen and clean up last night's dishes, do some light dusting in the livingroom area, puff up the pillows on the couch and then head to the washroom where I then take a long hot shower. Right after the shower I indulge myself with a variety of lotions, then some perfume, dry my hair, apply my make up, get dressed and then head out the door for a very long walk REGARDLESS of the weather..PHEW! In case you were wondering I usually wake up at 5 a.m. and am out the door by 8:30! So I fill 3 1/2 hrs of constructive, productive distractions and by the time I get back from my long walk it's time for a light snack and then back to the pc to check for messages and emails and then head into my day helping out hubby with all of his health needs. Evenings are a quieter time for just me and rarely have a problem. Quick side note: I have a list of distractions posted all over the place - even on the washroom mirror! LOL! You have a great quit going..stay strong! (((((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $351 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Susie, Maybe your sister in law lives close by. Let me know if you remember where. Snow's stopped finally. Keep that quit going strong! Phil, Yes, and they say a live haggis is a cagey wee thing!LOL Luckily I can get my fix at the local Scottish bakery. Have a great smoke free day!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 996 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Susie, Congratulations on two smoke free weeks! The third week should be easier for you. Tell hubby to hang in there, it does get easier. You say the sun is shining in Glasgow, here, just north of Toronto, we're in the middle of the worst snow storm this season. All the schools are closed. I have to go out and shovel and driveway. Keeps my mind off of smoking. My mum came from Glasgow. Never lost her accent. I actually took my first steps outside the Glasgow Art Gallery( so they tell me). I was too young to remember. One of my favourite reward for not smoking? - HAGGIS!!!! Go figure, I just love it. Keep your quit going strong, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 969 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan Sorry Haggis is out of season you can only shoot them in January as they breed in the Spring Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �997.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Start of week 3! My husband is at the same stage as me and strangely enough we have not had a major row. He seems to know when I need space and vice versa. He was hurting so badly last night and I felt helpless. He is not a reader and won't come to the site so he doesn't have this support. I was fine last night. It's the mornings with me. Blues!!! I know I will get through and that it is all so worth it. Anyway here I am. It's 10.40am and the sun is splitting the sky in Glasgow, Scotland. Almost feels like Spring. Thanks again to everyone on this site. You are terrific and I never feel alone. If I am down, I know where to come. Happy Valentine's day. Love you all. :)[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 426 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan Hope you read this. My sister in law must live close to you. She is just North of Toronto also. I wish my mind was clear then I could remember the district! Anyway she has been keeping me posted re weather and it sounds bad.We don't get a lot of bad weather now due to global warming. Ah well never mind.....maybe now I have stopped smoking, the atmosphere will improve? :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I still have a hard time with mornings. I have a hard time with evenings. Days are okay and easier to get through. My mornings and evenings were the time of my heaviest chain smoking. I would sit in the morning with my coffee and rip through a half a pack with no problem. One right after the other. Sometimes using one to light another! In think that's why these times are worse to get through than other times. These were not only smoking times, but chain smoking times. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Susie, Congrats to you and your husband! Try doing something nice for him or perhaps chat him up about can be done to get over those craves. Change those blues to happies! Plan activities, chores, renovations or a nice date night so that you can both relax and ease off that extra stress :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: