Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Chain chain chain

17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep fighting hard, nonic. Tell your thoughts to the page, share a few with the folks here, whatever it takes. This group is its own 'Band of Brothers/Sisters' and we'll win this war too if we keep on supporting each other. x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �214.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheers nonic, here's hoping you have a lovely weekend x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �214.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Imallclear: You are right there, I know with out a doubt that I have been self meicating for years...I will do it no more...And I can see from your comments you are going to do it as well... I am throwing all of my resourses at this thing, exercise, diet, and yes I have just added a shrink to the list...Me thinks its time to address some issues and there is no time like the present...I hope you are well, I always enjoy seeing your posts and your support of others is beyond commendable...Thank you for being around...Lets get this thing done... nonic
imallclear: Good for you...None of this is particularly easy, but imagine if we didn't have this board on which to communicate our situations...Be very careful with yourself and don't be to hard on yourself...You are doing well and I know that you are going to make it...I have a feeling that the very thought of smoking a weed is becoming abhorant to you...The problem for us will be what do we put in its place... Stay well, I am happy that you are riding this thing out with me... nonic
Den2 I do hope you are alright tonight...This thing can be very very difficult, but remember that others have done it and we can too...Hang in there, you are piling on the days now and 1 foot in front of the other goes a long way over time...I use alot of deep breathing for the anxiety and morning running to try and up the mood for the day... Hang tough, you can do this... nonic
Todash Thank you, you about brought me to tears with your last post...I was glad to see that you felt you could vent rage and roll here, you have got to know that we all understand...I was amazed at how intellegently you did it, considering you must have been going at it at a rapid pace...Stay well...We are all very close here even though we may be continents away... nonic
Windy You have done so well with this...100+ days from here looks like Mount Everest, but I know I will get there...I had an interesting experience the other day...I was leaving a visit and this fellow comes up to me and says "Hey dude got a smoke?" I thought at first, wow I must even look like a smoker...In any case I was able and proud to say sorry, I don't smoke...Then he says "Thats cool"...I quietly said "You don't know just how cool that really is"...Keep moving Windy, don't look back and wack those junkie thoughts every time they visit... Hurry on down to Quittentown nonic
Hello my friends: Thank you all for being on this forum. It is a great comfort to me to know that you are all there fighting the good fight and winning. Last night was one of those times when: The twilight is neither beginning or end When the worlds turning round starting over again I was wrestling hard with the big monster last night...In particular my mind was vividly replaying the loss of a significant person in my life...You all know the message that gets sent...here have a cig and you won't be lonely, just a few drags and you will not miss this person, etc etc. While I was in the shadow world for awhile, it occured to me that smoking is a very efficient killing machine. It is not only a creator of anxiety it is its own solution...It is in effect a "chain of anxiety linked by itself"...I don't know about you folks, but I do hope like me you are determined to get back to that place before before we allowed ourselves to believe that smoking was some kind of therapy session... In any case I did not smoke and I will not smoke and if I can help any of you to do the same, I surely will... Cause you've got to dance with the moon sometimes Just to know that the suns gonna shine cause the bitter and sweet of it often meet When the sun rolls low in the sky. When the twilight is neither beginning or end When the worlds turning round starting over again Shed a tear for the rose buried half in the snow and wonder where time goes... I do hope you are all well tonight...stay strong tomorrown nonic
imallclear: Your right there...way to much at steak... Stay Well nonic
imallclear Yes and don;t worry because I went right along with you on it... Stay strong nonic

Reading this thread: