Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

clarity of memory

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 13 days. That is a great achievement. I've also been experiencing this - I've had flashbacks, and I keep a to do list, am good at checking things off, at work today, I had two important checks that had to go overnight/fedex, I set everything up, and left the envelopes on my desk. I'm so annoyed at myself - I never do things like this. It was one of the reasons I was kept late and I left them on the chair. My boss will rake me over the coals for it tomorrow but I didn't turn around to take them to a drop box as I was already 30 minutes into my commute back home. This is so unlike me and it is bothering me too. You are not alone. And I know you won't let this send you back to smoking, right :) Seriously, I think this is the same reason I would go back, to get clarity back. I may research this a bit. Well done on 13 days :) Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your kind and measured comments on this issue. I do believe that I am going through a reawakening of old experiences that have, shall we way,had their luster dimmed by a layer of nicotene and smoke. This will not cause me to go backward along this road, but I am having to find new ways of dealing with these types of issues. Thank you all for responding... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Hello all. Thank you for being here. I am 13 days on the road and trying to understand what is happening to me. At this point I feel that I can make this...I am experiencing a very emotive state that I am not used to being in. Perhaps it is the withdrawal, but my memory is extremely clear and defined. I am recalling past events and experiences in my life with a very high degree of detail. In particular, I am thinking continually about my divorce, a subject that I thought I had dealt with years ago. Has any one else had this type of experience? If anything sends me back to cigs it will be this rather uncomfortable emotional state of being I find myself in...I try to fight it with walks and self talk, but the memories and images are coming to me as if they occured yesterday instead of 7 years ago...Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Rob72: Thanks for the word out there...It really does help to know that others are going through the same ordeal. In the past I never made it past 24 hours...I am trying very hard to seperate the smoking from the memories, and will continue to do so, after all tomorrow is day 14 and a full 2 weeks...I ain't going back now... nonic
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gratz nonic! Remember that you have to seperate the anger or other feelings that you have from your quit. Your quit is yours, something no one or no thing can take away unless you let it. Maybe now that you are seeing a new you, you are learning what the old you was, the old issues, the old life. Maybe its time to start learning from the old life so that you will make the new life a million times better. Keep up the good work and remember we are here for you! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nonic First of all congrats on 13 days. It's a long time isn't it! I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I'm sorry past emotions are starting to surface but I don't believe they will make you start smoking again. Only you can do that...or not. Try to seperate smoking from all other things in your life. This is what I try to do. If a stressful situation comes up I realize I'm going to have to deal with it smoking or not. I choose not to smoke and you have done the same by not smoking for 13 days. Remember the nicodemon is just sitting and waiting for times like these. Be strong - Stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I have the opposite of what ur having, i feel i am more foegetfull now except for my dreams, i remember them in details and some of them are really wierd!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have heard other's say the same thing. I'm wondering if by our contant smoking and addiction, if we didn't somehow numb our feelings on stressful events, and possibly not properly deal with our emotions associated with said events. Maybe we have been numbing ourselves for years. Imagine that if you started smoking because you needed to deal with past emotions on past events. Are you truley dealing with the emotions...or hiding them? Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $341 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi nonic I was continually surprised by all of the emotions that quitting brought to the surface. It truly is like the grieving process. I have gone through periods of excitement and elation but I have also gone through depression and anger. For about 2 weeks, I hated almost everyone in my life and I was angry about everything....My advice to people - Don't act on these feelings (they are temporary!) I am so glad that I didn't say or do all the things that came to my mind! Congratulations nonic as you come to the end of heck week! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $590 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on two weeks! I can honestly say that I did not have such recall. In fact, I have trouble keeping up with what day of the week it is... I was terribly emotional and forgetful... What was the question? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $968 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: