Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I am struggling

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I see I'm late again, but I just must say, congratulations on winning this battle. It was a crisis and you handled it well, and I think you are spectacular! I particularly admire the 3 mile walk - I can barely get through a 3 block walk! So do reward yourself for this tremendous achievement, ok? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky..you can so do this..if I can do this after 40 years..(God help me, what a fool) of smoking. So, by golly, can you. I know that you hear a lot of people struggling so hard after 2 weeks, 3 weeks, but I think you hear more from the people who also say..it gets easier..don't give up. I can honestly say it's getting easier, and I was the type of smoker that would probably give up a limb rather than quit. Sounds brutal, but that's how addicted I was. Rolling up dried leaves, setting them on fire, and sticking them in your mouth is a very silly thing to do. Picture a dog, or a cat, or a newborn baby (!) doing that. I'm looking at smokers standing outside in the cold now, and feeling sorry for them. I want to yell at the teenagers standing outside the high school, learning, teaching themselves how to do such a stupid, stupid thing. I still have a long way to go, but this site helps. I have a mantra now, and it works! NOPE! Not one puff ever! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 808 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky...I am a little late in responding...just got back home. Gosh....can you believe it....finding all those packages of smokes just to add a little extra stress to your quit (Is that Murphy's law or what?) Anyway..........Please hold tight....There are bad times and even though the cravings, stress etc do get better...I think we all reach a point where we are so sick and tired of them and it makes us wonder if we have the energy to keep on quitting. But, honest....it really does get better....Remember when you went out with your friend's and you didn't have to go outside for a smoke. Don't forget...because you will get more and more of these moments. At this point, I honestly feel that there are some days where I am MORE relaxed than when I was a Smoker. (And then there are those days when I am homicidal...but that's beside the point) Hang on tight....get lots of rest...take care of yourself....keep going...we will hold your hand....you can do it! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, hang in there. You'll make it! Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky my dear, you shall most definitely have my prayers. This is a tough nemesis we face. Lay low today, sleep if you must, and try to stay relaxed. I know what you're going through, I've been there many, many times in the past. Just know that we are all here for you, anytime you need us! Post as often as you need to. I'll be thinking and praying for you. Wishing you all the best, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good, Sparky! You're doing very well! Deli :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Hope your day has improved since this morning and that you are filling your time in a positive way. You know what to do - distract yourself, keep your cool, keep in control. Don't smoke. You hold on, love - you'll feel better for it! Thinking of you today! Sending you bags of courage! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparkey, Hang in there. You can do it. :p You said in another post, your past attempts you did not think you were ready. YOU ARE READY. You are also alot stronger than it is. Besides when you wake up in the morning think of how much stronger you will be. There is a lot of good stuff in here. Why I started slipping, becuase once you let the junkie fool you once into that 1 puff. It is so easy to think you can do it again, and again. N.O.P.E. [quote] One side of the table is telling me it is not worth all this crap of wanting and thinking about smoking-just do it. Well that is Junkie thinking. Of corse you miss smoking, you have done it every day for a long time. Do you miss the pain, coughing, embarrassment, or the worry. The worth of thinking about it, and wanting. Well your health is worth it. The way you breath, the way your heart beats, the way you feel about yourself. WORTH IT.... Quiting Smoking makes a big difference in every aspect of our physical and emotiona health. It is better to be a ex-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit. You can do it. Grace [/quote] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,651 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky I neglected to mention while doing self talk, tell youself the reason or reasons that you quit. It is very important to remember this as it should be the main stay in your tool box. Alway, always go back to this. One of my reasons for quitting, was smoking was ruining my gums and causing expenses gum repair.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now Sparky Let's not start over. Remember hell week, no more hell weeks. Use your self talk and say to yourself, "go away, leave me alone, I don't need you and I certainly don't want you" Keep repeating phrases that work for you when the craves get bad. Can you lift weights of any size for an activity? If you exert youself, hiking, walking up hills... all helps. Plus you get strong and feel good about you. It does work and makes you feel good!

Reading this thread: