Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

my worst nightmare

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is also my second day. I have had a couple of bad moments today as well but I believe everyone in here that it will get better. We just have to hang on, take one minute at a time, and get through it. I come here everytime I get a crave, it really seems to help me get through it. We can do this! Determined [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, TSIKOS. That stupid ol nicotine is just jerking your chain. It doesn't want to loose you! Let him know that you are in charge and soon he will be a much smaller part of your life.
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everybody and thank you for your support!!!!! I am on my third day and I am proud that I have made it until now. I still have my dizziness (I feel like I am drunk all the time) and my cravings but I am not a SMOKER anymore.Since today I have taken half a nicotine gum witch has caused me a stomach pain. The most important thing is that my doughter is happy for me tsikos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �11.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my second day without smoking. My first day was a nightmare. In the morning every single minute I was thinking of taking a cigarette from my colleges (well I did not do it) In the afternoon, even if I went to the gym, my cravings were worst. I still feel dizzy all the time, so I have decide to take one nicotine gum, this is a relieve, but nothing changed. I cannot concentrate on my job. I am not sure if I can go through this situation. Do you think paches are more effective than gum? Tsikos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
From hanging around here, I have discovered that different methods work for different people. Some prefer to quit cold turkey and get it all out of their systems at once. I knew that I couldn't deal with the physical addiction, until I had dealt with my emotional issues relating to cigarettes. Prior to quitting smoking, I had gradually removed smoking from my life until the end of the workday. However, I always started to get cravings by about 2 or 3 p.m. and was dying to get home for a cigarette (if I hadn't already had one) by 5 p.m. (Then I would chain-smoke till I got my nicotine fix) The problem with me and the gum is that I did not take it until after the craving was REALLY strong. If I was going to use gum again, I would take it earlier. I put the patch on about an hour before I know that the cravings will start. (For me, this has helped to prevent them from taking over completely - at least the physical ones) I know there are alot of people that will disagree with me...but tackling the physical addiction before it hit full-peak has given me more strength to deal with my other major triggers. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Tsikos! You are doing wonderful...Keep up the great quit! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, everyone. Day 1, 2 nd 3 sometimes seems like forever. But you know, it will be over before you know it! You are all doing something wonderful. Something you can be so proud of. And be prepared for the sleepiness, dizziness, weird dreams if you're on the patch. I'm using the patch and I think I don't need to bother with a good movie, not when I've got these dreams to keep me entertained! Keep strong guys, and keep on posting! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I felt dizzy, forgetful, lost and some moments just plain dumb. But this is only for the first few days and it gets better. Do not doubt yourself or your quit. The nicodemon is making it hard for you so you will come back!!!! Just hang in there what you are going through is normal!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there hun, the first few days are the worst, you body is craving for the nicotine. Stay strong, drink lots of water, sleep, eat sugar free candy, do whatever you have to do hun just dont smoke. Each and every single day gets better and better. Stay close to the site dont be afraid to ask for help thats what we are here for. You CAN do this. I quit cold turkey so i cant say if you should go to the patches or stay on the gum hun. This was a personal choice. Hang in there ... PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today, Tsikos? Better I hope. Check in and let us know! Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$43,077.06

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 753 Hours: 5

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: