Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

going crazy

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat try to do some excersize it will help releive some of the stress you are feeling! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �49.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat Hope you are doing ok today. I have been away so I am seeing what I missed. Come back and let me know how you are now. Welcome End of Summer Quiter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 372 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey kat I am right there with you. Last night I tore my husbands head off and then went to bed at 8:00 just to get the day over with. (he smokes that is why I tore his head off) anyway I also was quit for 22 days and smoked but I got back on the non smoking train and ya it has its moments but that is they way it is. We smoked for years and you just do not get over it in a few days it takes time but time well spent. keep going I am at the same place you are and we can do this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$163,486.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 10

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat please don't kill anyone!!!! do breathing exercises, go for a walk, take a bubble bath, get your mind off it, self-talk, you can't get rid of a lifetime habit and addiction in a few days, give yourself time to heal, I know it's hard believe me, you can do it one day at a time chin up. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,087 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sterk & shaila, thanks for your support and excellent feedback. It really helps to know that others are going through this with me. my boyfriend and roomies are all nonsmokers which makes life much easier. Sterk - good luck to u and when your hubby sees how much your life has improved he might jump on the wagon with you. I know you'll be a great example for him kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi all! so I'm on day6 and I want to kill someone. today is so bad that i am actually having a hard time convincing myself that I even want to do this anymore. I have quit smoking for a month before, but started again. Now all I can think about is smoking and i feel like i am going crazy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kat, Nobody said that this would be easy. I fully understand what you are going through - just take each day as it comes, get through that day -look at your stats and be proud of what you have achieved! Believe me it does get easier and easier, but it doesn't happen overnight. take care Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat, take a long walk and enjoy the fresh air, that will get your mind of something else and it's very good for you. Take deep breaths, don't fight the cravings, embraze them instead. Try to change the way you look at a crave - from a negative to a positive feeling - Imaging the poison leaving your body and how good it is for you! This is what works for me. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,753 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $823.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kat - You are almost through with HELL Week - don't give up now! There will be many times that you are so mad at your husband that you want to do him bodily harm (my husband smokes as well) but what I learned very early on in my quit is that I OWN my OWN quit. I just can't be responsible for him and his inability to stop smoking. It is so frustrating at times - especially in the beginning - but as time goes on you will feel bad for him because he smells so bad and has to go stand out in the back yard to have a cig. We never smoked in the house but have a screened in porch that we loved to sit out on. Well, he can't smoke there either and I am not allowing him to smoke near the dogs - as dogs can lick the nicotine off their fur and promotes cancer in their little bodies. I hate it for you because I know exactly what you are going through but hopefully eventually you can be such a great example that he will quit as well. Just come here to vent, we are the best virtual punching bag you can find. Keep strong! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 184 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,847 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,987.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 19

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat, don't kill anyone, that will take you to prison where you will never be able to quit smoking. Hi Hi. I started out pretty bad today. Not so bad now. I just had lunch, went for a walk. I read your other post about being in the restaurant business I guess I'm lucky in Canada we can't smoke in public places even in restaurant outside patios. It kind of makes it easier. You have to walk with a cigarette which I was brought up thinking it's not ladylike. This site has helped me so far. Let's all help each other. H [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: