Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

tales from smoker withdrawl hell

17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes. As you know, a plan really helps. I agree with Casey that a plan will help you to steer away from craving. Each day you might want to come up with a list of things you do whether craving occurs or not. I take advices on this site and come up with a list of thing to do and it really helps: For each day I do the following: Brush my teeth first thing in the morning. Have a nice breakfast with orange juice. It will boost my energy. Keep busy (work away), because smoking usually triggers after meal. If you your mind is foggy or difficult to concentrate, take things slowly. Stand up and walk slowly. Lay down and rest alot if you can. Divide out meals evenly during the day because your blood sugar may drop after quit. Try to finish work in advance when you feel fine, but dont tell your boss about it. I find excercise, resting and keeping busy are key to success. Please prepare yourself a list of thing to do for each and every day till you feel better. It is a bumpy road -- Withdraw won't kill, smoking that kills. Please stay strong to your quit and hope you feel better soon. -TT [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$249,722.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8640 Hours: 1

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there finallydone. It is very hard but it will pass quickly! Things get better with each passing day! I will say a prayer for you to help. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$59,025.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5381 Hours: 5

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Say what you want withdrawl is drivibg me crazy, i really admire those of you who says it passed in a short time, mine last for hours.I feel every tingle nerve crawling on my body. I can hanrdly unclench my teeth! I am a crazed person shoveling food in my mouth. I am probably spending as much in food as I was on smokes.Do not worry I will not cave. My neck is bloody but now bowed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
IT DOES GET EASIER Look at the positives One thing I have noticed is my car stays clean on the inside first time ever!!!! I cut the lawns at the weekend without perspiring.... I have loose change in my pocket.... I go to the cash machine less often..... Women find me more attractive(Thats a lie but I thought it would cheer you up) Now I have to get off the patches..... Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �89.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The cravings are really hard and they dont just go away its an on going constant battle all the time!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �49.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I felt like a looney for a week. I didnot post everything. well that would have taken 4-ever. In fact I did okay after until now. I am having this 2 week weirdo feelings. I am visiting my parents. I am out of comfort zone, and I have been crraaazy. Last night I had to go for a cookie run. It was late so I had to go way out of way. I spent $20 on junk. Half of it was gone by the time I got home. We can do it, We are strong. Heck there was guys smoking in the store. I about lost it. I mean they don't let you smoke in restraunts. Omgoodnes. I am gonna be 1 of those ex smokers. Oh well as long as I am a exsmoker. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 329 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Finallydone, R U still here. Just came back to see how you are doing. Let us know. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - you're doing exactly what you're suposed to be doing. Your nerves were deadened by all of the nicotine in your system, and they are coming back to life. That's making you nerovuse, and feel like you can feel every single nerve ending. I also felt pin pricks all over my body as my nerves healed, and I got sores in my mouth and on my scalp. Also from my nerve endings healing. I'm very excited to see you in here tlaking about it like this. I did this too, and I think it really helped me to make it through that hell week. You are going to be OK.. it's ok to hurt, cry, yell, punch your pillow, whatever you need to do.. and remembr one thing .. You cna't get away with smoking forever, and you'll have to quit sometime, so might as well finish it this time so that you don't ahve to experience this again.. yes? Feel free to come here anytime of the day or night and tell us what you are feeling. I don't think that i'm alone when i say that it doesn't bother us at all, and we're happy to have you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $494 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Finallydone Chin up you can do it, keep busy or sleep it off I did :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Finally , you're on day two give it time it will pass, withdrawals takes around 72 hours remember you're getting rid of nicotine plus 4000 chemicals. Take a nap, or a bubble bath, or go for a walk keep busy. Tomorrow is another day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: