Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I am just so fed up

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Darcy, day 42 for you, you are on your way so please don't blow it now, look at me, I'm only on day one, I may need your support in the days ahead so please don't give in, people as myself need someone as you to get us through the day.
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG Darcy, that is exactly how im feeling today!!I wanted to quit my job sooooo bad today,came home took it out on my husband(who is staying away from me now)LOL,i feel like im internally shaking here!!! I know from previous quits that this does pass..so hang in there,picking up a cigarette wont change anything, in fact it will just add guilt about lighting up..im thinking of you,,we can do it, i know we can!!! peace always, sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Darcy 42 days of quit. Let's see that is seven full weeks, 7 weeks. Do you realize how far you have come! Come on, you don't want to give in now. Can you imagine starting ALL OVER. Really, think about it. No way, I don't think so, it is not worth the agony. Stay calm, get control, don't dwell, distract yourself, look in your toolkit for urge control devices and pull some of those tricks out and put them to use. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $971.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're looking for an excuse to smoke. Cheer up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 545 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I won't do it if you don't do it.
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing Darcy? I am irritable as a bear too. Drives ya nuts! But we know its only for awhile.....right LOL Correen
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Darcy Go ahead, go ahead....SCREAM....CRY....YELL....STOMP YOUR FEET....HIT SOMETHING (not someone)....let it out. Now....breath deeply and breath slowly. Concentrate on your breathing. You need to put that awesome muscle back to work in the right way...your brain....don't let that junkie come lurking back. Use your mind to think positive and nice thoughts. YES at this time it is probably a HUGE effort but you can do it. Think of something great and just keep thinking about it. I know you don't want to but SMILE :o)....you deserve to be happy and remember that. You have done an awesome thing for yourself....cherish it. Most of all remember, you can do this, YES you can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Darcy, It's easy for me to say but this is just one of those days. It really will get better. The problem is: Your body is filled with poison and that stuff has to get out of there. If you know what is in a cigaret you understand that. That detoxing makes you mad, angry and a person you don't like. That is no fun at all. On the other hand it is a positive thing. It tells you that your body is recovering which is good. I hope you feel better soon and try to see it in a positive way. I always said: I enjoy the withdrawalsymptoms, they show me that I'm on the right track. Love from Holland, :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �336.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I am on day 42 and I have been in such a bad mood for the past two weeks now. I just can't take the bad attitudes I've been having and I keep thinking that smoking would really make me feel better. I don't like what I have turned into and I really feel that if I started smoking again I wouldn't go off the handle as quick as I have been lately. I am feeling overwhelmed at work and this morning the electricity went out at home right after I got out of the shower and I was running around cursing and acting like a raving maniac. I just want to be the nice person I was before I quit smoking. I just don't understand why I am feeling like this when I seemed ok three weeks ago. Any advice would be appreciated...I really feel like when I leave work today that I will just pick up a carton of cigs and say to hell with all of this...but I don't want to waste 42 days of not smoking. ARRGGGGGGG I JUST WANT TO SCREAM AND CRY. Darcy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 852 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much for all the input. It really seems to be a rough night too. I came home and now my husband is jumping down my throat for something he is going through. I just can't take all of this crap tonight. Tomorrow will be another day and I will do what I can to make the best of it. I just really miss my best friend sometimes...my cigarette. My husband wouldn't know the meaning of support if someone beat it into his head...he just doesn't remember the a**hole he was when he quit. Cyberduke...I hate exercising, didn't do it before my quit and really am not up for it yet. It is on my list to do once I get past the worst part of my quit. I have been looking at a gym nearby and I am hoping to have a personal trainer for a little while once I start. Just not ready yet. Thanks again everyone for the support. I will not waste 42 day and I will stay strong. Darcy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 857 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: