Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Really struggling even with laser therapy

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK! I'm awake and ready to face the first day of the rest of my life head-on! (With only minor hesitation!lol) I'm saying a prayer for myself and everyone on this msg. board who struggles with this horrible addiciton. Hurrah for all of us and God Bless Us All.........
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys. I made it through. Drove like a mad woman to buy a pack yesterday afternoon. Stared at them for a long while and thought about your advice. Called the laser therapy clinic and they provided very helpful counselling and listened to my hysterics with patience and kindness. Gave the pack of cigarettes to my husband to throw out. Feeling much calmer if still distracted today. Thanks guys. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I only quit yesterday. I cant seem to get my mind off cigarettes. I cant concentrate, I cant get any work done. I'm writing my phd dissertation and am panicking that I wont make progress for some time. I wonder if it was too soon/wrong time for me to quit. I undertook laser therapy yesterday - my experience is definitely not as they advertised. I most certainly do desire a cigarette. Do you think I wasnt well enough prepared to stop? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Hannaher, blue ribbon for you for not smoking those deadly things, that took a lot of courage Sending you good vibes Marie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hannaher Are you stressing about not smoking, or are you stressing about your academic work? Are you stressing because you have not written before without smoking? Where do the breaks come? I know that you have done laser, I dont know much about that but i think whatever method you use needs a strategy and a plan to combat the cravings.What are you doing? Are you deep breathing? In through your nose.... slowly... hold for 5- 7 seconds Then out.......... slowly... through your mouth Repeat until you feel calm. Does that help? You want to smoke. dont smoke - post instead! Congratulations on your quit whatever method you use i think the first month is hard.. after that its up to you. Just keep going Whatever you do, please dont blame not smoking on not being able to do your PHD dissertation! Try the Allen Carr book it really does work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 783 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hannaher, I as well did the the laser treatment and still had the desire to smoke it really does take at least three days to remove the nic. from your system go back in for a tune-up just don't give up. after the first three days it gets a little easier every day. Stay strong and N.O.P.E.(not one puff ever) We are all here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everything you are describing is perfectly normal and we have all been there! Hang in there, it does get better. The lack of concentration is hard, I had that problem too. Don't let that junkie talk get you. There is never a stress free time in life so don't wait for that! But there is no time like the present. You are doing so good! Read old posts here, you will get energy to go on. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$74,952.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 10

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is the addict in you talking, hannaher. There is never a good time to quit. Any time in our lives has its stress, and you should know that smoking does nothing to alleviate that stress... it only adds to it. Keep up the quit. You can get through this! Please do it for your health and yourself. Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$44,971.74

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5158 Hours: 21

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Also, read Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. It will help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$44,971.74

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hann, I am so proud of you. I am so glad that you stayed away from those cigs. My life has been so much better since I quit smoking. I really do feel free.... Keep it up !!! Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$44,971.74

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: