Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Weak right now

18 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day three was the hardest for me. And lashes it will be tough for the next few days. Be prepared for it to be tough. But know that you are strong, you can do this, you will do this, be determined and take one day at a time. Don't worry about not smoking tomorrow, next week, or month or year from now. Just don't smoke from the time you wakeup until you go to bed, today. Trust me it will get easier...and the urge to smoke WILL pass whether you smoke or not. Navigator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
take some deep breaths hun you will get threw this just dont smoke smoking will not help anything . try watching a good movie or going on a walk . do you have any hobbies that could distract you ? stay strong you can do it !!!!! it only gets better [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too am very weak right now. That's right now. I try to keep thinking moment to moment it's the only way I'll survive and not go over to the store around the corner from work and go get some. Have had some real tough ones, fiance doesn't want to marry me, he has been living with me and our twins, but I want to get married and we did have a date set for september 2nd. secondly I'm at a new job that is overwhelming. I quit last week and did quit for 6 years 8 years ago, so been smoking and trying to quit AGAIN for the past two years.I have made it to two weeks twice and caved. I don't want to cave. I keep this site up at home and at work to look at how many cigarettes I haven't smoked. That's the most powerful for me, not the money, not the life gained, they are good too, but it's how many I HAVEN"T smoked. I really feel like it, but I know it won't make me feel better, it'll actually make me feel worse. Cigarettes are like a demon that haunts you and trys to make you think you need it. No one needs to not be able to breath or to take a chance on getting cancer or some other disease. No one needs stinky breath and clothes. I may want it, but I DON"T need them. Thanks for letting me vent. Cassie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you healer. I need the support, that is how I did it the six year quit was I did it with a friend. This helps me so much to see that I am not the only one on the edge of quitting quitting, but that it won't help to go back, only that much harder the next time. I need to think about all the positives about quitting and a big one is telling my daughters (twins) that mummy hasn't smoked 200 cigs or whatever, they are like WOW. That is inspiring and so are all of you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aragh those first few days are crazy uguh.. I am right with you lashes I know how tough it is. Remeember first week, hell week and boy it is.. It does get better though, so stick with it. Congratulations on getting through your first day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing really well lashes, I think the first two weeks are the first. But everyones quit is different. It is SOOOO tough at first. Breath in.... through your nose... Hold..... breath out slowly through your mouth... slowly. It will relax you. Keep going you are doing so well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations for not caving lashes, those first few days are some of the hardest...and you are coming through them with flying colours! Keep it up, and let us know how it goes kolativey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 182 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lashes, I have teenagers too and they really make it such a challange. But I ask myself, if I was smoking, I wouldn't like it any better than I do now and it wouldn't make them more co-operative either. It doesn't help to smoke. Also, non-smokers have teenagers and they get through it without smoking. Teens are really hard to have around when you are trying to guit, but my teen is quiting with me so we are both pissy. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$75,028.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6531 Hours: 22

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep it up! Your doing great! These feelings will pass! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wondering how you are both doing, lashes and casey. You are not far from the Cliff-Top Cafe, so stay strong!!! Please keep us posted and post here AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE :) Many Blessings Sent Both Your Ways! Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 646 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: