Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,813 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Having a bad time at work

18 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are not missing out on anything except premature death. Don't look at smoking like a long lost freind. It is your enemy. And if you want to know the truth the real enemy is in our minds. Focus on the benefits. If you need us all to come over and chew someone out at work with you we will. Just say the word. LOL You are doing great, do let that little piece of paper with torn up dried leaves control. Think of all the good you are doing. 8 days - wow! Congradulations.
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aragh its pretty tough today at work. Maybe it is just today that is a tough day and I need to keep it in perspective. I woke up and forgot that I was a non smoker. I dunno why but today has been tougher. I went to the give up smoking clinic this am, and told them about this site (its at my local doctors practice, as medication is on prescription). Nurse said she would get details of site and have it laminated in the doctors waiting room..! Anyway for me, today has been hard I have thought about smoking, although I definately dont want to, work has been tough, kind of boring, but I am missing those rewards..even though I know that smoking is not a reward. I am sick of boiled sweets and chewing gum just tastes naff. Ugh Its a horrible day. I know smoking wont make it better, so I just hope that tomorrow, day 9 will be a better day! :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
i am having such a bad day today (but I do know to ride through it tomorrow is another day) First of all I wake up and forget i am a non smoker and look for my cigarettes. Then today at work, I said to my colleague I am just going to do this, then outside for a cigarette, she said but you dont smoke! Then I came home, and I forgot the cat food, and I thought ah well I have to go to the shop and get some cigarettes anyway...before again realising that I dont smoke! Is this normal, to keep forgetig that you dont smoke? It puts me in a dangerous position, as I genuinely completely forget I am a non smoker and am disappointed when I realise that I cant smoke anymore, thats in the past. Has anyone else gone through the same thing? I am having such a tough day today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
I think I must be dreaming about it too Mama, if i am completely forgetting i am smoking. Then waking up and bang I realise that i dont smoke anymore. I am worried that i will be somewhere, someone will offer me one, and I will say yes completely forgetting i dont smoke anymore. I hope that this passes. I dont know how common it is? Good to see u back btw Mama! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
In the beginning, time seemed to go slow. Now its pretty much normal time again. In fact, most things are normal, except that sometimes I keep forgetting that i dont smoke anymore. Maybe it is because I am on Zyban? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
No I dont think about smoking at all. Except at certain times, and because I am not thinking about it (say when I wake up first thing) or am deeply engrossed in something at work... I think ah ok, cigarette, when I realise that i dont smoke anymore I am a) Surprised b) Disappointed Like it was the first I have heard of it. This is the first day I have had this, no doubt another of Nicotines mind tricks aragh. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Oh cybrduke, I only just saw that hug, I keep missing posts. :)
Today has been tough, but i remember a time, only once ever in my life since I was 15 years old, when I felt that i had kicked the habit.. and I loved it. I felt free. I felt Healthy. My life and my world took on a whole new meaning. I cant wait to feel like that again. Woohoo.. Freedom... I love being a non smoker. I love the freedom. I love that I dont feel guilty about my health anymore. I am doing what I can to be healthy. I love that my skin is brighter. I love running at the gym, and having more energy. I love the extra time that i have that i used to spend smoking cigarettes. Its been in my head a lot today. It tricked me a fair bit today. But.. I dont care about that, as I remember a day when I would go for days without thinking about it at all. I remember a day when I won against the nicotine. I will continue to win, and it will never beat me down. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Tomorrow is always another day. I didnt give in yesterday neither did I make the cigarette special, I just accepted that this was a bad day and tomorrow will be different. I woke up today, and today I woke up and I knew I was a non smoker. Hopefully today will be much better than yesterday. I feel so much better tomorrow, and very happy that i am once again another day clean from Nicotine! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
niks i found your thread :) Yes i am very forgetful--and i do believe it has to do with Zyban?? However to stop smoking as the posts from others here >>> i believe its normal to be forgetful and have lack of concentration.?? Its just adding on with these tablets?? im not sure now?? I get a bit paranoid because i start to wonder what other people think now?? i can look at something and think i do that next.. then next minute i forget.. ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: