Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hell Week

18 years ago 0 586 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bobjo and welcome, The good news is YES!...It passes!...but...not without some work fist :) So, read, read, read, post, and read some more. Make this site a part of your daily routine. You'll soon see what a valuable tool it is. Congratulations on your first day. The healing process has begun: You've already decreased your chances of a heart attack. Your blood pressure and pulse rate have dropped. The circulation to your extremities has improved so they're warmer. The carbon monoxide level in your blood has dropped. The oxygen level in your blood has increased. In just a few more hours... Your damaged nerve endings will begin regrowing. Your ability to smell and taste will become enhanced. Amazing isn't it? As you can see, your body is going through some phenominal changes very quickly. You won't be feeling quite up to par as these transitions take place...so be kind to yourself...and have patience. You're on your way now :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 431 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1538.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$18,734.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 19

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bobjo, pay attention to JohnW - he is a true Veteran and knows of which he speaks. Stick close here and we will help you through. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 484 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1694 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,964.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 1

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bobjo, Hang in there, Drink lots of water, Go for a long walk, and that passifier of a straw won't hurt You either, In otherwords, whatever works for Ya, Just don't lose that Positive attitude, Your in the Driver's seat now, Take Charge of Your journey in this life, for You owe it to Yourself, Remember, ''The Eye Of The Tiger,'' Get It, And don't loose it, Smokless In Oklahoma
  • Quit Meter

$26,896.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 12

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bobjo, Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center, Whoever pointed You in this direction knew what they were doing, For this is the Place to kick that Addiction, Just have patience with Yourself, and do take one day at a time, and do make this Your home for the next 2 to 3 months, All the support and encouragement You need is right here, Just reach out and tell Us Your feeling daily, for We are not mind readers, Most of Us here have already been where You are attempting to go, Myself have just passed the 3 year mark, without ONE cigerette touching my lips, And Yes Friend, You too can graudate, I usually tell most Quitters to Get The Eye of The Tiger, And take Charge of Your journey, Because that nickodemon will be trying His best to keep You in His corner, and keep You puffing, I will just say to start out, try to replace that smoking habit, with a good Excercise routine everyday, walking a mile or 2 miles, an eating good healthy foods, For the next 2 months is the most criticial in Your Quit, This is very Doable, It just take's You Friend to take charge, Remember, This site is open 24 hours aday, Good Luck to You, And don't never give up, Smokless In Oklahoma :)
  • Quit Meter

$26,896.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 12

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
;p Day 4 "Betty Lou" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1559 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62,372 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8574.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 203 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$159,001.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 14

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well, dang me....look here who showed up.....my good buddy BJ....it's good to see you signed up and got right into the swing of things....I give a great deal of credit to this place for being successful in quitting.....I hope it helps you as much? gotta run...watching a movie.....see you in the mornin' at Coffee and Study..... don't chew your fingers clear off LOL Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1557 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8563.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 203 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$159,001.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 14

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bob, Congrats on a great choice! Welcome to our support community and please take a look around. Preparation is essential to a successful quit. We are always here for support and knowledge and the program can be of great assistance. Post often and let us know how we can help. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: