Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,687 Members

Please welcome our newest members: VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY

Day 15 Its getting worse instead of better

18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Determined, Last week we decided we were quit buddies (due to me plagarizing your name). I'm not a religious individual so praying is not my thing; but my thoughts are with you hoping that your days become easier. Fruit is a good thing and tastes better than cigs anyway. I'm on my 10th day now and it has become easier for me but I know that I'll have a crisis day sometime ahead. -DeterminedToQuit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Nanny, I honestly believe that smokeing is a way to surpress and mask our true feelings.. Its possible this is the real you. With real feelings. Letting your feelsings out instead of holding them in and stuffing them down with smoke. Crying is a great way to purdge your system of toxins. Go with it and it will only last a short while. Determined.. Don't give up your quit. Dont sacrafice those first few days. You can do it. keep up the good fight SFR [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 292 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Determined I am proud of you for day 15!! Congratulations!! There will be days like today in your quit venture. I had a day similar to yours a couple of weeks ago and you wrote back to me and gave me much comfort. You are in my thoughts today Determined! Hang in there and Stay Strong [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 759 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good gracious God. I had the dream last night. You know the one where you actually smoke a cigarette? And then feel guilt and pleasure at the same time! Damn! Anyway, this is day 15 and it seems like the urges are getting worse instead of better. I have been using commit lozenges but decided to stop using them because i fear that I may get addicted to those. And I'm also going through some personal dilemas. Like the exboyfriend contacting people here where I work to go out with him. Also my father is very sick and in a nursing home. I don't feel like I will give into smoking. I don't ever want to go through this again and I know that the only way that will happen is if I continue to be an exsmoker. So today I will ask my online non-smoking friends to do something for me. If you chose could you please pray for me. I want to get through this and I will but I could use a little help from my friends. I will pray in return for anyone that asks me too. :) M [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
This is such a great sight....there are so many great people out here! I kinda feel like I found the "great place" where "great people" hang! Thank you all! btw...15 has now turned into 18. :) :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 476 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Hey Thanks Everyone! Your prayers worked and I made it through another day! I'm telling you prays for me seem to be the answer. Aong with some commit lozenges! LOL! So this morning I stopped at the store and got some fruit to eat at work. I can share what I bought because...........it cost me just $1 more than a pack of cigarettes. The cigs would have lasted one day maybe and I wouldn't have shared with anyone. The fruit will last a couple of days and I can share! Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts! Marlene [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Good Morning Nanny! Boy that Casey sure has some good advice! I find myself crying also over little things. From what I've been reading out here, this is a symptom and this will pass. Don't forget, you are morning the loss of something. Damn cigarettes! You are doing great with your quit. Is it possible that the evil addiction might be trying to give you an excuse to smoke? Sometimes I think that when I cry over what appears to be nothing, I think I am trying to manifest an escise to smoke. I'm not trying to suggest that this is what is going on with you but who know's. Casey had some great advice. Try and get through this and keep posting on this board. There is alot of support out here! :) M [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes determinded. I will gladly pray for you. I believe my quit has been successful because of this site, my own personal strengths, and most importantly GOD!! I know he has helped me through this more then anything else. Ask him for the strength and he will give it to you!! Stay strong you will beat this! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Determined: And 18 will turn into 20 and 20 into 40 and 40 into100 etc..... Congratulations. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Determined: My prayers are with you. How are you feeling today? be sure to reward yourself with somthing nice. I used the patch and I had no trouble when it came time to get off it. I had fears of being addicted to the patch but because of the gradual process I was able to stop using them with out a problem. It is my opinion that if the commit lozenges are working for you then use them, at least until you are secure in your quit. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $790 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: