Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The Littlest Things

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do these cravings ever completely go away? I mean, after the poison is out of our body completely, and all we have is the habit, will there still be cravings? I have yet to have a "stressful" event, but the more I read, the more I get scared. Am I fighting a never ending battle of my mind? I realize that I will never "win", because winning means that there is an end to it, and I don't think there is an actual end. When will all just fade away.............................................. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just found a big one! Traveling! I had to go on a business trip this week. I anticipated this being different and maybe hard, but I was glad I was going to be in a non-smoking facility around non-smokers like me. Then, the weirdest thing happened. The second day, I went to the gift shop, and saw that they sold cigs. My mind went nuts!! "You can buy some and smoke and no one will know!!" It became an obsession, so bad that it almost doubled me over! I really had to fight it, and it made me realize how much I depeneded on them when I was lonely or out of my comfort zone. I also think that there was some strange attraction to the thought that "no one will know" secret thing. Ya learn something new about yourself everyday! (if you're lucky!) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Even though it has only been 58 days for me I can honestly say that I don't have any "little things" anymore that make me think of smoking. Don't get me wrong I still have craves, just not the triggers. I have to say I find it surprising that it has gone away so fast but I'm not complaining. IWin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was late to work today. I stayed up and watched TV. My girlfriend fell asleep on my chest in bed (I was laying sideways along the width of the bed). I didn't want to wake her up and couldn't reach the alarm clock. So I told myself I would turn it on when we both got up to brush our teeth. Well I fell asleep. Woke up this morning already 15 minutes late to work. Damn. First thing I thought of was having a smoke. I didn't and won't, but I found it interesting that even at the first sign of stress my body reaches out for a cig. Anyone else identify a "little thing" that your body uses as an excuse to make you think about smoking?
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am officially in "uncharted waters" for myself. This is the longest I have officially been quit. 17 days. I just keep pushing. Funny that today has probably been the worse for cravings. Funny that NSA Girl brought up travel. My previous 16 day quit ended on a small business trip. Across town to the machine shop where we get parts cut for my business. The entire place REEKed of smoke (machinests are like that). I was in there for atleast and hour and I got used to it. As soon as I left I broke down. Travel is hard, even if it is just across town. I am happy today... I'm making progress.
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sorry Neek. I saw this thread yesterday and thought it would be interesting. Then I had to work and forgot.......but here ya go. I have several "known" triggers. Stress is definitely one of them. But now that I have gotten past everyday stressors, like being late for work, being stuck in traffic, being swamped at work/home life in general.....there are a few that still send me thru the roof wanting a cigarette. My husband. He tends to be very sarcastic and normally I can handle that, but "normally" use to be race outside for a smoke, cool down, come back in and pretend he never said it. Now, I find myself crying. Which is not good either, but the stress of the situation has me craving so badly, all I can do is cry. Thoughts of my parents/home/family When I visited my parents and some of my family, I would smoke "freely". Which means, whenever and wherever I wanted to. My parents both smoke inside the house, which sounds like freedom to a smoker who is stuck outside, but is true hell once you get there! :gasp: But when I think of going to visit, all I can think of is them smoking. Or at least my Dad smoking.....Mom is in a nursing home now due to strokes caused from.......SMOKING. So far, those are the major triggers. I still get urges which fade quickly and don't cause me pain, but they give me pause for thought. I am getting close to 100 days, and am on my guard for rogue cravings. And I know I will continue to get them......until I have lived thru major situations i.e. holidays, vacation, celebrations, etc. Any time I use to smoke, and will no longer, can and probably will cause cravings. These are still triggers for me. But, I am not willing to toss away this quit. I know I still may be tempted, that I am addicted and have to keep my wits about me, but they make me angry more than anything else now. Which is good, I guess! thanks again for starting the thread........should be interesting! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $546.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dunbarj, In answer to your question - yes it does. But you have to hold in there. I remember writing a post similar to yours at about d40. I was really frustrated that it wasn't getting much better - but now I can see it really does. My junkie thinking is starting to go but more importantly, I don't have craves much and when they come - they're milder and more easy to deal with. I was in the non smoking section of an airport for the 1st time in 6 years today...absolutely tremendous...and I didn't want to be in the smoking section....cause im an EX-SMOKER!! Hold in there and it will improve [b]"stay strong and no junkie thinking![/b] Peter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Theneek, same as Brenna.. When something really exciting has happened.. i would always savour the moment with a cigarette. now it's like wtf, & the thought is gone before i realise it. :8o: It wasn't until i realised that this cigarette was actually 'putting out the fire' so to speak.. to allow me to enjoy the excitement without that nagging "i need a smoke now !" thought in the back of my mind. :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 433 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2814.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$12,557.46

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 628 Hours: 5

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great, Neek. :) Remember that everytime we get through a smoking situation smoke-free it makes it a bit easier the next time we encounter that situation. Eventually, smoking or not won't even be an issue. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1117.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just recently realized I have a reaction to the air pollution here that my body/brain has been interpreting as a crave for nicotine. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,808 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: