Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

QUITTING WITH NICOTINE SUBSTITUTES

16 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are quite right this has gotten out of hand. I will therefore leave the forum as I really don't want to continue in this vein. Sorry for the offense if any taken. Deck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$408,726.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8151 Hours: 7

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, time to weigh in on this thread. I am not sure why it has got to the point that it is so hostile, but I get the sense that because one person was cranky it escalated to a meaningless, defensive rant that is going nowhere. My suggestion is to STOP RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD AND IT WILL DIE A NATURAL DEATH. Don't ask the mods to stop it - they have their hands full already. Besides, we are all grown ups and should be able to manage ourselves. We don't need censorship by an external party. Everybody shake hands and walk away, agreeing to disagree, and get on with the business at hand which is supporting each other in our quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Any mods out there with an emergency stop button?! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh man. This has gone way out of control. I was just about to talk about all of the pharmasueticals that I have to take every day to live - including several injections of insulin, but then I figured I might be spilling my guts to someone that believes in natural selection, so I'd have to defend my right to live or something. So, you know... I think this thread is best just left alone. This has become a thread like other message boards or blog where everyone has to force their opinion down everyone else's throat and insult, name call, and pick apart words and phrases until the light no longer shines to do it. This is a stop smoking support center. Yes, there are those here that, in my opinion, aren't very supportive and are petty and childish, but encouraging the behavior with threads like this won't make anything better for anyone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 573 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,743.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]Oh, I forgot to point out that I am not only quit, I'm 272 days quit. Maybe in a couple hundred & 30 odd days, you want to talk about this some more? -------------------------------------------------------------------- Unhooked, in the above are you be any chance suggesting that because I have quit cold turkey that I will not be around as long as you?[/quote] No, I wasn't, Deck. I was attempting to point out (yet again) that NRT has worked for me, and that not everybody who disagrees with you is sensitive because they are in the initial stages of their quit. The rest of your post is pure bs and completely off topic. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,992.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you kelly, that's what i was trying to say in my new post.... defensiveness....jabbing... not nice really. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gee Deck you must be running out of options by now you can't quit with NRT's and you don't appear to be able to quit cold turkey maybe the advise that you feel so free to dispense you could apply to yourself.Just a suggestion . :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 327 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 79 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deck, normally you all wouldn't be allowed to "discuss" in this manner. However, I think the mods are so busy weeding through their own mess that this thread has been over-looked. As I was reading through this thread, and I actually didn't read all of it cuz I got bored with the repetitive arguing back and forth, I noticed some provocation along with a bit of defensiveness. The site is here to assist and support people in their attempt to quit smoking. Let's be supportive of each other and not kill time entertaining ourselves at the expense of others. Maybe it would be best to let this one go, eh? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $988.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No I'm just that way by nature. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 327 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 79 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Bear you are right, this is my second try cold turkey, I didn't mention the numerous unsuccessful attempts with a variety of NRT's. Bear; should I associate being impolite with quitting with NRT's? ------------------------------------------------------------------- Oh, I forgot to point out that I am not only quit, I'm 272 days quit. Maybe in a couple hundred & 30 odd days, you want to talk about this some more? -------------------------------------------------------------------- Unhooked, in the above are you be any chance suggesting that because I have quit cold turkey that I will not be around as long as you? From one addict to another, Unhooked, you should know better. Your disagreement with my arguments certainly allows you to give vent to your anger and frustrations for whatever issues you have on hand. But you do have a tendency to go way beyond what could possibly be provoked by these. You probably need to deal with this on some other self-help site. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$408,726.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8151 Hours: 7

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

This thread is locked.