Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Being Complacent

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Much appreciated, Brenna and Jan... thanks you...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 139
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,475
Amount Saved: $1,563.75
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 19 Mins: 59 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

Thanks for bumping this great thread!

DL,

Check out the program at HealthyWeightCenter.net. There is a lot of great information about healthy eating, meal planning and a recipe book. There is also loads of information on active leisure (great for those who have difficulty doing strenuous exercise).

Swimming is a great exercise too. It works your whole body and targets every muscle group we have. It is also great for your cardiovascular and respiratory system. If you're ever looking for swimming tips, as a former competitive swim coach, I would be more than willing to give you some tips on starting out .

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,  this post says it all and as Patrick has stated, "great and timely post then, and good bump right now." 

((((hugs))))

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 129
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,225
Amount Saved: $1,064.25
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 17 Mins: 15 Seconds: 53

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great and timely post then and good Bump right now, Sparky.  I've just come home from my doctor's today and after a ten year break he's prescribed morphine sulphate so I can do an hour's worth of exercise every day... I have to lose the weight to accompany my nicotine quit so I have to exercise by walking  for an hour per day... I will take the morphine about 30 minutes before I exercise and be able to tolerate an hour's worth of pressure on my messed up ankles and right knee and hips....
   We have agreed that if I can't handle it (the morphine) then I'll just have to find some other way to deal with the pain when I exercise... swimming is a possibility but my three-piece swimming suit makes me look fat....
   I've already dropped 6 lbs ( I thought it was 8 but his scales are those deadly "no kidding" scales...) and I have 46 more to go... Even with the 6 lbs gone in 4 weeks +/- I can get a little further without walking but I need to burn about 500 calories a day - at least... it's taken me 10 years to put on 50 pounds since I finished with the morphine the last time - I hope to get it done within the next 25 weeks or 6 months.... by then my wife will be here with me in Canada and I'll have lengthened our chances of having a longer life together ...  Deo volente...
  I recommit myself to being hyper-vigilant against complacency about nicotine and elephantine servings of bread and french fries and all other "comfort" foods....

Patrick (Yes, I know it sounds a bit like walking around with an unlit cigarette in my hand all day but I'm willing to give it a chance for a few days before I decide whether it is working or not and I have to bring the bottle of pills back to the Doc.)

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 138
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,450
Amount Saved: $1,552.50
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 17 Mins: 16 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump those who are kinda stuck in their quits.  Jan, hope this helps

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/30/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 401
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,010
Amount Saved: $601.50
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 19 Mins: 7 Seconds: 29

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grin - You are a sneaky one - Thanks again for the reminder [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky - You skeeeeeeeeeered me for a minute. I haven't seen you for awhile and was worried that things were not going well. I'm in for the "recommitting" part. It's easy to forget how awful it was to be addicted and how hard it was to quit. We DEFINATELY need to keep reminding ourselves! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 567 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,835.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bumping for Moss and all those (including me) that may need the reminder. thanks again Sparky! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,214.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump Sparky I could use this right about now. So many people at work telling me how proud they are of me it sort of makes me feel like awh it was nothing. It wasn't nothing it was dam hard and I have to keep remembering that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,770 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,525.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: