Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

came really really really really really close to sliping

16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Mercy, you're going to make it through this & come out smiling and proud of yourself for remaining smoke-free!!!!!!!!! Sounds so peaceful, sitting out looking into the woods & just listening to the rain :) Just breathe.........ahhhhhhhhh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$26,754.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 12

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Sorry I wasn't around but it looks like you had some great help here. Don't ever hesitate to post when you need help. Craves can hit at any time, any where. Sometimes we know where they come from and others we don't. Just this morning I had a fleeting thought of a cigarette. It's weird but it happens. I'm glad you made it through and that you are still smoke free. That is what really matters. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 772 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,702.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for caring so much. You guys are so special. I didn't feel well at work today......STILL!! I got home and relaxed on the back porch looking at the woods and listening to the rain. My daughter, (the one that quit), her husband....my grandkids...and my son came over and cut up some wood. After they left I came here for a bit and read. THEN..THEN..THEN.. I had this spurt of energy and started to feel myself again. since I started this medicine I've been off this planet. It feels good to recognize me a little. Earth isn't so bad. I think I had worse withdrawl from this medicine than from nicotine. I'm not sure it's over yet. At least the stomach cramps and profuse sweating has ended. I haven't cried since late morning. The whole thing was bad timing. After a long battle quiting smoking.........and then to have meds give you craves.....and then to have to do a withdrawl again again was a little much. I'm telling that doctor that he's gonna have to deal with BEAR!! A great big (((((hug to you all))))) and a smaaaaaaaaaching wet kiss for phil. Bear....ya always kindof been my soulmate...(animal style) Who'd of known bears and goats mesh. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $907.41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Mercy - sorry to hear that you are having a rough time with these medications...BUT so happy to hear that you are holding tight to your quit! Hang in there and come in and vent as often as needed - that's what this site is for! Keep up the great work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $554.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$119,552.36

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, (hugs). I hope there is no more nicogum in the house and the doctor gives you something more suited to you. Remember they don't know what the side effects are unless you tell them. Prescribing can often be a black art. Hang in there. You can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �130.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing Mercy? I'm thinking about you and praying you are feeling better and sticking with this. We've been at just about the same mile marker since we quit in January and I know you have the faith and strength to do this. Please hang tough :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 208 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $582.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mercy Its a slippery ride is it not...We are fragile, we are abit like china dolls, we are studies in non-perfection, and yet deep within the successful quitter there is a small still voice that will not let us fail...All we need do is listen... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,610.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy I dont kiss smokers...OK? MMMMMMWWWWAAAAAA! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (((( MERCY))))) Better? Me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,937.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm here Mercy right by your side.I think theres a better solution for your medical problems and perhaps a new doctor.xoxo :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Hope you are feeling better today. I swear by my mothers old cure of a cup of Chamomile tea. When I feel like I am losing I make myself a cup find a comfy spot and there is some comfort in it. Your son's stopping by was no accident your Angels sent him to you. Hope today is better for you. Stay close to SSC and let us know how you are. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: