Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Old New Guy

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, Since you are not introducing yourself, I have put this in the "Forum for New Users and General Discussion". We are happy to see that you are having a better time with your journey and good luck with that grass! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that. You were up to about page 30 with the old one. Congratulations on 30 days. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Bear, You are doing great, I can tell you are determined,like me I've tried to quit several times over the last few years, but none seem to be as serious as this quit. I remember my dear Mother-in-law years ago giving my 2 boys advice " You should never start anything that you'll have to quit". How true because someday you do really have to, & it's not easy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear, Congrats on your new thread. How's frip doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �37.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys and Dolls. I,m starting a new thread as the other one was becoming a little long. I,m a little amazed at how easy this quit has been for me compared to some of you.Other than a couple of minor slips I feel quite lucky that it,s going so well.Well got to run I just got a phone call to go and cut grass.Talk to you later... ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I couldn't agree with you more. Well said, and it is worth everthing in the world to have control over your life!!! You, and others have also made this trip less difficult with your encouraging words and strenght!! I'll see you on the ship VERY soon!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $583 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I spent the early part of the morning reading some of the post presented by other people who are in various stages of their quits when it dawned on me !!! how difficult it realy is to quit smoking. This is without a doubt one of the single biggest challenges that you will face.There is no nice way of putting it to quit smoking is a b----. How do we convince ourselves that during this battle we will endure extreme discomfort from withdrawel,cravings and relapses but at the end ?? we will be healthier happier human beings. Yet this is in fact what we must do.You must believe that during all this suffering that you will experience positive signs that this pain is worth it.There will be some distractions along the way bumps ,potholes,the desire to have a smoke when things are,nt going your way and this will be the easy way out. But I believe that if we concentrate all our energys into the positive benifits that we experience, whatever they maybe for you personaly, it makes the trip worthwhile.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear your 50 is coming up soon and I'm waiting for you in the hot tub!!! The cruise ship is awesome!! Time to reward yourself and relax in hot tub. No squirrels here but all the rose bushes your heart desires!! I miss you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $561 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, Glad to see you in good spirits this morning! Your 50 day milestone is fast approaching, start packing for the cruise ship! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now Nance you know sharing is good remember your mom told you so !! I remember a day when a few of the sales types I was working with decided to go out for one of those liquid lunches.After a few drinks one of the guys asked "Are we going to fool around at this or get into some serious drinking" Well you can guess were this went!!! Kind of been my motto ever since ???? ;p

Reading this thread: