Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

On my second try

17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on 16 days!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*gives you a standing ovation* Congrats : )
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back and I hope to see you around here for long time - congrats on how far you've come! Marie
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
...Penel,(re:1/16/07) have you been smoke free (I don't want the answer) Yes it is frustrating, but if you have been smoke free... this craving now... can not be as frustrating as the first 3 days were..right? and... aren't you just a little more confident now than the first time. You know what we say...God please let me be smoke free: one more minute, one more day and I am on my way! If it will make you feel any better about this craving your having after two weeks When I quit the first time for 10 years/cold turkey...after my first two weeks were past I decided to light one up (I wanted a cigarett so bad...so I did...and smoked the whole thing....satisfaction was tremendous. But I had already made my mind up that I would never light another one...it was a self-promise...and I didn't. I proved to myself that I could do it...are you that strong? Since I had already gone through the withdrawal...I became light headed and almost euphoric is the best way to describe. I knew right then that the worst of what I would experience I had already mastered and I sure didn't want to go through those first 3 days of hell again, so I never lit up again....thank God...I didn't have to either, That one cigarett did not affect my quit. But you have to remember I wasn't using any kind of NRT or med (I don't even know if they made those things back in the early 80's) If you have made it for 16 days without a smoke, I strongly urge you to look at your reasons for quitting again and if you need that pat on the back and some comforting words... :)Here's your pat on the back and "Good Job Penel"!!! keep up the good work... ...it does get easier, and the more days on your belt smokeless, is closer to the day you won't have the craving at all. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Thanks everybody for your support. It really does help. I sat here yesterday and read a whole bunch of posts and that kept me positive too. In response to Aunt Deb, yes, I have been totally smoke free. If I had 1 I'd be back at it immediately...I can't touch a cigarette. In response to Joy, I'm sorry to hear you fell off the wagon, but glad to hear you're right back up there. Support, support, support. You have all been great for me, and a special part of my quit that I've never had before. Thanks for everything. Penel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$330,643.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6643 Hours: 17

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I was feeling really good about my quit last time I wrote, but am now feeling very frustrated. I have been having a lot of cravings. In fact, I've had more in the last week than I did the first week. I'm doing the right things when I get them, but it gets draining to constantly be fighting cravings. I thought it would be better by now. Somebody give me some encouragement and hope! Penel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$330,643.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Yesterday I was sooooo close to having a cig, I don't know what stopped me. But then later in the day I had to walk quite a distance and my shortness of breath was gone. It was amazing. It was like I had a new body. I could breath so well. (I've been diagnosed with emphysema). It felt great. It renovated me and reinvested me in the process. Great timing too. Tomorrow's 3 weeks and I'm psyched. Penel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 488 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$330,643.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi everybody, I quit the beginning of the month and only lasted 3 days. (I was on the message board then...Penel). It had been one of many attempts and I felt totally hopeless. I smoked another 2 weeks and have been able to start fresh. Now I am 15 days smoke free and feeling much better about my ability to do this. I appreciate the "cheering on" I got from everybody my first time around and hope this is the real thing. I do feel much more positive and in the right state of mind to do this. Penel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$330,643.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
penel You are going to have good days and bad. Just remember to take them one at a time. I'm on day 16 also. I know what you mean. You just keep saying "when are these cravings going to end". Take it slow, think about today not tomorrow. Keep busy. You can do it. We're all behind you. Gismo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
penel,congrats on 15 days smoke free awesome achievement way to go lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 4

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: