Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

i smoked again

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks for all your comments
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i was at my christmas party last night and i smoked again while drunk i am disgusted with myself i was doing so well, i have decided to regroup and start all over again, hope everyone else is doing ok my thoughts are with u all [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it again! :) You'll be fine. I had a dream the other night I went to the shop, bought a packet of cigarettes, walked home and sat in my conservatory (Daren't go in there now ;) ) opened the cellophane and lit one up.. In my dream I was so shocked and annoyed with myself, I hadn't realised I was doing it. It was a very real dream - I inhaled.. ;D It made me feel really crap! I had really bad cravings for the next couple of days. I felt bad because I would have loved one.. I think what I'm saying is that we all want one even if we really don't and it's no use letting that part of you that wants one ruin all your hard work! :) Good Luck!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �187 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GV, What I want to know if your one of those with the lamp shade on your head at the Christmas party??? This is my 5th quit. My other two longest quits were sabbotaged by myself at a party with alcohol. This time, I knew that was going to be a HUGE trigger for me to get over. I did it, and so can you. Mind over.....alcohol!!! I drank a week ago, and made it through the evening with no smoking...if I can do it, so can you. It's tough, but you just have to get that first one under your belt WHEN YOUR READY! You may have to say no at first, but eventually, you will be dancing with the lampshape on your head, but no cig in your mouth. Please have someone take a picture and share next time...LOL Kaiti[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/Dancing2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 756 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a really good friend on this board, and I didn't hear from him for a couple of days, which was pretty unusual. Had me a little worried, and I wondered if he'd given in to a crave. (Didn't seem at all likely or even possible, but what do I know?) Made me wonder what I'd say to him if he did, and then only if he came clean and told me. Then I wondered what he (and everyone else) would say to me if I gave in, which I've come SO CLOSE to doing, especially recently. Interesting for me to learn that it didn't matter if it was him, me, or a perfect stranger: the response would be the same -- thanks for telling me/us, and thanks for getting back up. Refusing to let the addiction beat you into submission honors you and supports us all in our fights. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't be disgusted with yourself, and don't beat yourself up over it, but pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get back on the wagon and start gaining respect for yourself. Learn something from the experience and please be nice to yourself. Talk positively to yourself, even in your thoughts. We can make this really hard or really simple, just by our internal dialogue. Say to yourself that you are human, you can make mistakes, and you will do this. You soooo deserve the freedom. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Birdflying2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I was a kid, my dad used to say that if I fell off a horse, I would have to jump straight back on... Get back on that horse's back, GV! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �393 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its not the end og the world mate! Keep going you WILL get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �651 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey GVReal; In my opinion it's natural to feel remorse and disgust when you smoke again. But jump right back into the quit. I blew a 15 day quit in the beginning here on SSC and I was perfectly sober! I quit again with everyone's help, & suddenly I've got a bit of smoke-free time under my belt. I don't beleive I'll ever smoke again. GV - you can do this too. Quit again & come join us. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $826.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gvreal, We are not here to judge and are here to support you when you decide to try again. You've experienced a slip, now is the time to learn from it. As you can see most quitters avoid this trigger until they are more secure in their quit. Others do not but they do go with a plan. They moderate their consumption and bring coping tools along with them. Keep us posted on your new quit date. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: