Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

funeral

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky ....Let me say that I was so pleased to hear about the death of your cigarettes. Thanks for the e-mail (I didn't recognize the name at first since it didn't say Sparky and thought what kind of nut would send me pics of a funeral??!!) Hope all goes well tomorrow with the quit and all the rest. Actually, I think today is actually worse than tomorrow as far as the colonoscopy goes. And hey - let us know - maybe it is better to be anaethesized during Day 1! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky & Jan58: Welcome back, and I wish both of you all the best on the road to full recovery from nicotine addiction. Never quit quitting! :) Grandma: Speaking on "funeral" and "last quit", this is my fifth major attempt to quit. When I decided to quit, 2 months ago, I told myself: "That's it! This is the last quit, and I'm determined to succeed! When I die, I want to die as a FREE person, not as a nicotine addict!" :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky you can rest assured I'll be here in the morning. All set and ready to go. No cigs, that's for sure!!!! A brand new day, a brand new way! Talk to you in the morning. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wishing you luck Sparky and Jan! We'll be here - when you need us. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky you know my thoughts... Good stuff pal Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �357 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What an awesome idea Sparky!!! The old you is dead and gone, but that funeral gave life to a whole new you! Congratulations on starting your new life! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 352 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1453.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep fighting for it Sparky :) it WILL come together for you. Never give up giving up. You are worth fighting for. I know its hard but you can do it. I hope all goes well with the doc :) Keep smilin' :) PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I wish you ALL the best and you will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Hang in there and you know: One step at the time and one hour at the time. If you need help just holler. [size=4](((( SPARKY ))))[/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 197 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,942 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �581.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back old Friend!! i missed you a lot! i hope you are doing good! Stay strong!! Stay with us!! it's much better on this side!! love ya! kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 541 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Sparky---I REALLY like the funeral idea! What a great reminder that you can carry with you at all times. Better to bury the butts than the butts burying you! Speaking of butts, sorry about the colonoscopy in the morning. Maybe you can (sick) psychologically associate the two events. :gasp: I will be thinking of you and Jan a lot tomorrow. I am so happy you guys will be joining us again! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: