Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Finals Stages of the Journey

17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Stickin to it, When I read your post I see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It keeps me thinking that I too, may come to that point when the memory of smoking is so far away, you wonder why you ever did it. Hop that comes soon. I'm just starting Day 4. Maria
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ONE WORD FOR YOU STAR!!!!! Ps what the heck does bump mean I keep seeingit in posts and here in the uk it means nothing. You are all holding out on me! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
I would say bump if iknew what it meant! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Thanks Princess The bumps is what you get on your birthday here!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 664 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Rob47 and the rest of you kind and great people. I have been sour with my posts and I should not be that way. I hope it gets easier for you Rob47. You deserve it and so sorry that is so difficult. It was not a cake walk for me. Take care and hang in there and here. Good support here for you.
Rachel is correct Rob six months is one very long time and if I�m not mistaken you have done much better than that. Really, look at the positive side of what you have been able to accomplish. You should be feeling really good about you Rob, yes you. Close your eyes and focus your mind to the center of your forehead. Tell yourself how wonderful you are and what a fantastic job you have done with your quit. This also is the center that you use to control the urges that keeps coming at you. You control them through self talk, practice and self discipline. Try it for several days and see if you get anything positive from it. Remember why you quit, remember to distract, use self talk and keep your self busy. Don�t let the cig voice control your thoughts. Keep mind and body busy. It will pass.
Hey Penitent Rowdy place here at times. I will hang my hat here, amend!
Seems like this should stay bumped too as well. It ties in with the Healers posts.
To You, I am at the point in my quit, some 230 days, that the act of smoking has become a distance memory. To forget the memories of smoking is what I consider part of the quit goals, not to forget that I once smoked. With the fading of the memories there goes the fading of those triggers and peace is instilled. I know, I don�t need or want to smoke. My last serious urge came around my fifth month of quit, a trigger came out of nowhere and I had to stop what I was doing and take up another activity. I�m not feeling any urges anymore at all and haven�t for a couple of months. Today I am a non-smoker, and wonder why I didn�t quit so much earlier. If you stay with the program you will be happy, self confident, and a healthier individual. I am glad that you came to this site. It shows that you have the desire, and with that desire come hope, and that yes, yes, it can be done. Look around. How can so many succeed. It is their will to succeed, their can do, want to, will do positive attitude and actions. Good luck to all of you on your journey. Think positive and the quit will be yours always! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1191.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Hello Casey It is my pleasure. After a short while, few days to a couple of weeks or so, and you have readied yourself mentally, it gets easier, and easier. Many quitters on this site feel pretty good and positive about their quit in three or even two months time. Although they may not be fully cured, they are well on the way. It is well worth the short amount of time one may endure discomfort, to enjoy the fruits of being free for a life time. Got to just say no, go away, I don't need you and I don't want you.

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: