Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Tired Low and Near Bottom

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Riverdale Man: I am one week away from my quit day and reading all of your posts trying to get mentally prepared. I know how you feel from previous quits and want to tell you it is not worth it to give in, even once! Sounds to me that everyone that is doing better on there cravings gets beyond 6 months or even a year. You just have to hang on and realize you are so brave and so smart to even try. Like another post said keep taking it a day at a time. Relax, reward yourself and know that it is normal for you to feel this way. I just want you to be happy about your decision and know that your quitting has even helped me, someone you don't even know, to get ready to join you as a non-smoker. Thanks for being honest so someone like me won't feel like a failure when I get where you are. It is a hooray for you to talk it out and keep at it, the fight that is. Just don't give in, because you will feel really down then, I know been there done that. So I applaud you for your journey and will cheer you on from afar. CDS
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its true Phillip, I have only ever quit smoking properly once and that only lasted 3 months. If I had been told that it was normal to crave a cigarette that long after quitting, I might have kept my quit. If I see that some people have a hard time further down the road, I know that might happen to me, and I can prepare for it. End of Aug, I will be going to Cyprus, normally I buy hundreds of cigarettes in the duty free, because they are cheap compared to UK, and then I smoke my head off. I think I will be around 70 - 80 days quit then. Now if I hadnt come here, and heard different, I would have probably smoked if I had felt like it at that time, because i did used to think that once i had quit it there would be a magic day, that i would never ever think about smoking ever again. If that didnt happen, then I was doomed to be a smoker for ever. I just wanted to thank you for your posts, it does keep it real, and it definately does help others. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After monday of the SSC I have been hearing that old demon too much too. I am coping but yes it is hard. I am so gratefull that N2K had bumped all those old posts late in the day. Maybe go back and read those. Someone said during all of that that it seemed like the tobacco companies had broken in. That really was what it seemed like, look at all the money the SSC is costing them. It would be worth thier while to come in and make everyone feel like smoking. And they know exactly what kind of thing to say! Yesterday, I just posted my check in and then mostly stayed away. My daughter and I smelled some smokers (3 of them) really really strongly at blockbuster video. It smelled so good and so bad at the same time. I am glad I don't smell like that anymore. It made me want to make perfume one of my rewards. But it did really make both of use feel strange and I notice we both reached for our coping things (she uses gum, I use tic tacs). We all love you and we all know you will get though it and come out stronger on the other side. Don't worry about not being positive, we want and love the real you! Keepin' it real, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$74,919.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6522 Hours: 10

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Riv (sorry - I'm Australian & we will always give someone a nickname!) You are doing fabbo, great, fantastic. Look at those stats. Puurrrrr. We all have junkie thoughts - some are more obvious than others. I think that sometimes the junkie thoughts are very very clever indeed. Maybe, just maybe, your junkie thoughts attack you from an unexpected and sneaky direction. Your junkie thoughts might be trying to make you believe that if you relax and stop gritting your teeth that you will relapse. Your junkie thoughts might be attacking your sense of freedom, maybe they are telling you that you will never feel free. Your junkie thoghts might be telling you that if you completely embrace happiness and completely relax that you'll be trapped in the cigarette pit again. Maybe your junkie thoughts are just trying to wear you down and make you believe that all happiness is leached from your life so that you'll relapse and feed him again. Between you and me the junkie is a complete pr***k. (Sorry, Australians tend to swear a lot too ;) The junkie is ridiculous, whining, unrealistic and pathetic. Everytime the junkie talks give him a good hard slap and kick him to the kerb. x alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$90,812.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8663 Hours: 3

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. I read all the posts in here and I am sure hoping you and everyone else struggling is having a better day today! I m just glad I have one more day to live that I can breathe and walk up the stairs without looking like I'm killing over. I am just starting to get to know a lot of you over my past 34 days of my quit and believe me, when you go through something, its almost like we all go through it with you. Probably didnt' make sense but just know that you have been in my thoughts during your struggle, and also know your post does help us that are behind in our quit on preparing for our ups and downs. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $141.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Philip, The junkie WON'T get his way! You may be going through a tough time, but as you've said in the past, you may not feel good, but you know you won't smoke. Sorry you're having a tougher time of it than some, but you know that this will pass Hang in there! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,479 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1117.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Phillip! I feel the same way right now. I will admit, I have wanted to smoke the past two days. I have no clue why, but everything going on here and in my life in general has taken a toll on my quit. No I won't smoke but boy have I wanted to! I am glad your here Phillip and we are going to get past these cravings, we have come too far. I vow to steer clear of any negativity in my life/world from here on, for the sake of my sanity! Have a wonderful evening... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Philip I was looking at your meter and the 'WOW' that resounded in my mind, I can't wait until I have 144 days under my belt too! I have felt there are points in this quit journey that we all feel similarly miserable around that same point (give or take a day or two). So stay strong because you are really quite an achiever here and have been inspiring me a great deal too :) This awful feeling of whatever it is that is making you crave will pass. Just keep doing what you are doing because you've been doing all the right things, and the biggest one? Has been N.O.P.E. Those before you have said it, and I am behind you believing it. I have faith. I know you do too, but sometimes, we have to have blind faith in these moments. Stay Strong and Stay Quit! You CAN do this!!! Many Blessings, Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Riverdale Man, It may not be a lot of comfort to you, but it seems like lots of us go through the same thing as you are. I see people smoking while driving and walking. My new sense of smell now gives me the pleasure of smelling smoke on peoples breath, it does smell good... We just have to hang in there man... keep fighting. Someday, it'll get better. We both know that. Take care Man, Ron [size=4]N.O.P.E.[/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $823.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip- it bothers me that you feel bad for posting that you are having this difficulty. It bothers me because I withhold posting almost all the time about still craving at this point. I feel like it's too negative for this board (which is really weird); my non-smoking friends just don't get it. My smoking friends are completely at a loss. Today is better for me and the good days are getting more frequent (and I am SO GRATEFUL), but yesterday I had that all day "lungs-aching-for-a-drag" thing where I had no energy and felt like just going to sleep. I wish I could say I have more energy now than before, but when you think about the stimulant effect of nicotine...., well there it is. It is going to take time for some of us. I don't feel like much of a cheerleader for this site, but I do think it's important that you, I and others feel free to post whether we're in an "up" phase or a "down" phase. I don't really think there is a "normal" in this addiction. I mean, I read Allen Carr's stuff and all I think is "what a bunch of nice slogans and how much money did this guy make off suckers like me!!!", while another person's life is changed like some religious experience! It is really very complex. Anyway- we're aiming for 6 months; then 1 year. Get through "all the seasons". I'm holding to the "oldbies" wisdom here. Also...what's the point anymore? If we did start smoking again, where would we smoke? Peer pressure got me started....maybe it can keep me quit! I hope you're feeling better today. Bob :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: