Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Heartache and relationship breakdown

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I loved this: [quote] Your reasons for quitting are much bigger than your reasons for relapsing. [/quote] I hope you're feeling better today. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks, Chin Up love, drop the nico feeling-go the Gym or swim-keep yourself looking and SMELLING good, the non-smoker we now know and love. Be Strong Jacko ps Read my post "my 1st 5 days" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am overwhelmed by the responses to this thread.I cannot say thank you enough. Martha you are right, that is what i wanted to do, is to dull the pain with smoking. Thats how it always was right? Just that people took the time to respond to this means a lot to me, it made me cry but for a good reason not a bad reason. I just went to my quit smoking session at the doctors, and the nurse was really nice and really fantastic. She said that most people where i am at now, have relapsed and that the second month is she thinks is a tougher part of the quit. Today and last night I have thought about smoking a lot. But I will certainly not giving in to it, and i am upset that after three weeks, I am again thinking those junkie thoughts. It is as if those thought associations, are all around me, drinking coffee, sitting down, relaxing watching tv, every single thing I associate with smoking is sitting there right there - in front of me right now. Its a crafty demon, I have been strong against it - and I was determined, but now right now I dont feel like i have the energy to give it. As I have other things to think about, I almost want to go back onto auto pilot... and that is where the crafty nicotine demon wants to step in. Thank you for your support. You give make my reasons for quitting bigger than my reasons for relapsing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 565 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
I have just split up with my boyfriend. I so wanted to smoke last night. I didnt know whethere this was to abuse myself, or to feel like i wasnt on my own. I did know that i had come too far to do that. But i feel like my heart is breaking and I just feel numb. I do know that smoking wont make it feel better. Maybe it is just my head telling me it wants to make the pain go away. smoking didnt actually make the pain go away - but it was something to do. I just feel so sad. I am finding my quit tough right now. I even told myself stupid junkie thoughts like I could smoke for now - like it gives me permission, then when I am not hurting anymore things will be fine. I even have best friends that i cannot go and see as I have failed quits with them before, so I have to stay on my own. Get through this. Aragh I feel so so sad. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Thank you for yesterday, sticking to my quit was incredibly hard, but you gave me the strength, when i found it hard to keep going. I just wanted to say that i do feel a bit better today. We spoke on the phone, maybe we can sort things out. How horrible would i have felt if i had felt better today - and was smoking again? I am so grateful to all of you for posting back to me yesterday, you saved me from losing my quit, when i felt so down, I felt like the the bottom had dropped out of my world. Thanks xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �172.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
You know I had a dream about this thread, and all the wonderful things written in it, I was in my dream reading it through and was amazed at the spiritual, kind, intelligent people that have put their name to a post on this thread. It really meant so much to me. I guess it must do if I was going through it in a dream. Fish I have looked the book up on Amazon and am going to buy it. It looks right up my street. Things are not great at the moment, but I do know that smoking will not make it better. It has tried to trick me, to make me believe that is all that i have.. that it is my friend..and even if i did smoke I could go and see some other good friends of mine who are smokers and I have kept away from, as I have lost quits 2 times at their house, they encourage me to smoke, i am not strong enough for that right now. But it doesnt work, because you guys have been there for me, so that gave me strength over the nicotine .. we are all bigger than this.. together as a whole, we have more energy and more fight and are bigger and more beautiful than it. Now whenever I think of smoking, i am going to think of the beautiful things in this thread. This will be my continued inspiration to quit. When I have a choice this - or nicotine. This wins hands down. Thank you, you are all very beautiful people x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
I am doing ok. Its been a really tough few days and an emotional rollercoaster. Lots of ups and downs. Fortunately my desire to smoke, has really deteriorated. The first few days were awful, and coming here, really did help me a lot. I saw this as the strength, when i had none. And that gave me the power to overcome it. Each day is a new day. But it is a brighter day without the cloud of smoke hanging over my head. Its good to think clearly. Now i have the problem, but i dont have the additional burden of craving nicotine. The sense of freedom is a relief, and it makes me think what else can i do with my life. Thank you for thinking of me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �187.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Thanks Mira, Things have been ok, we did try to patch things up. Although fairly ropey they are much better than they were before. At the weekend he was drinking and then smoked, he smelt vile like a chemical factory. Which I didn't think was very supportive, as he is a social smoker and doesnt have to smoke, but anyway.. I didnt smoke so that is all that counts. Things are ok. I am not at devastation with it, and we are at least communicating a bit more normally now. Thank you for asking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're one smart lady Niks. You're taking the right view - your eyes forward and looking out for new paths. What a great comment- [i]Each day is a new day. But it is a brighter day without the cloud of smoke hanging over my head.[/i] I think alot of us can take something away from that. Hugs from Chicken L [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $726 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Niks, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a rough time with your partner. Life is certainly full of ups and downs. People change and grow up or sometimes regress! Things aren't black or white and I find as I get older that I'm more tolerant, less judgemental if only because I'm forced to confront myself! I guess what i'm saying is that it's early days and you'll both have time to think about what's been said and done. I hope, if you love him and he's a good man, that you can work things out, but if you can't, keep your relationship with yourself strong and healthy, inside and out and you can't go wrong. You have been so committed to your quit and to helping others on this site. It's been great to watch your days not smoked tick by as I remember your first day here. Be very clear with yourself - Smoking will not bring comfort. One will not satisfy you, if one ever did we wouldn't have needed to smoke the other 90,000 odd that I have smoked in my lifetime. Keep focussed on what is good for you, emotionally and physically. Hugs from Chicken Licken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 836 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $704 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: