Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Creative Writing Thread

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump... because I feel like it. :) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1201.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know I put this up earlier, but I might not get to write another for a while. So I hope nobody minds. Goodbye my friend..... You were in my life longer than anyone, for more than 22 years, all day every day you were by my side. Towards the end i would panic if you werent around i felt lost without you. When we started out we had such a laugh, it was a casual relationship, and we had such fun. Who would have thought our relationship would turn out as serious as it did? You certainly were there for me my friend, through the good and the bad. Whenever i had something to celebrate you were there with me my friend. Whenever i was upset, you held my hand.I was never alone. Its crazy, remember when I had my baby, i lied to the nurse, pretended I wanted to use the loo, so that i could escape and spend time with you. You became so important to me. You were more important than anything or anyone, although I probably wouldnt have admitted that at the time. You always came first, nothing could come between us. I thought i enjoyed your company. But the price for your friendhship was high. You made me believe that i could not live without you. You made me so dependent on you, normal functions were not normal if you were not around. Things went downhill when the price i paid for your friendship grew higher. You were in my space so much, I could no longer breath, you were suffocating me. I was paying �52.50 a week for the pleasure of your company, you must have been laughing! The stress of my relationship with you was beginning to get etched on my face. The tar had destroyed my teeth. Its funny how i never noticed that until it was too late. I was scared to leave you behind. When I had treatment for cervical cancer i was told that my relationship with you had made it worse, and could even have been a primary cause. I vowed then to leave you behind. I hated you for what you had done to me. I tried to shake you off. I ran and ran but you would always find a way back into my life. Even when I got away from you, when things got bad, I would tell myself that you were all that i deserved and let you back in. I so wanted to escape from you, but doing that forever seemed imposssible. Then one day by chance, I posted a message to a message board f
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I printed that letter off last night and showed it to my boyfriend, who glanced at it and said what the heck is this??? brandishing it in the air?? I said what? He said well who wrote this? I said (rather proudly) "well I did" He looked blank Then I clicked, I am not saying goodbye to you!... its about my smoking, read the whole lot through. He thought i was handing him a dear john letter! :) lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/laughing.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$54,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 16

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly swimmer, Thanks for starting this thread, a great way to keep a constant reminder of the reasons for your quit and the struggle you've had to maintain it. Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer, This is a great thread to bump! This is a great way to release emotions in a creative way. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luna (if you're out there) I seem to remember something that you did a while back.... Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1005 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL niks. duh, men, sometimes, LOL. Agreed Shevie. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Cuddles I love the frog, and the song, I think that was VERY creative!! Keep it comin'!! :) Pam Your poems make me all well up!! So much feeling coming through! Shevie that was a GREAT story. Eve wants more! Lady thanks for posting Luna's poem and THANK YOU LUNA for that deep soulful poem it made me all well up too! I have read it before and it has touched me back then but today is different. I've got tears going this mornign from ya'll. Well it's joyful tears that I'm grateful for not smoking! Love, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
WOW niks that was a sensational letter! I've got more tears for sure now! LOL! Excellent work and very heartfelt for sure! Many Blessings! Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: