Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Creative Writing Thread

17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh WOW Pam this thread rocks already and your writing is FABULOUS!!! well here I go-I wrote this during the first 24 hours of my quit. Needless to say it was defenitely my time to quit! :) [u]My take on no smoke[/u] No smoking for me that�s The way it should be Not because of what others say It�s because I wanna live another day Elongating my life That�s right, no fight I won�t let the black smoke blow out my pipes To my lungs Can�t laugh long enough Without the cough to top it off I don�t like the way I feel It�s a hunger that�s unreal I wanna lose this addiction And remember its just fiction My life is real and smoke is a lie I don�t know how I�m gonna quit But I�m definitely gonna try It�s been 24 hours and no smoke No it�s no joke, but I also have a cold I know to you that must get old And to me one day is like a week Because freedom from smoking�s what I seek It ain�t easy to give up but it just isn�t right To live a life that is just out of strife To think it�s too hard is just BS disregard For yourself and your health The savings alone is good wealth Give yourself a chance To breath air in advance And allow yourself to dance And maybe then you will get a glance Of what your life could be If you�d put out that smoke you�d see How fully liberated And very well educated A healthier complexion Signals healthier connections Good folks around you Breathing all fresh air too They won�t get you down Blowing smoke in out or around You have new opportunity To have family and unity To grow up together and be blessed That you may never fall under deress That would lead to too much stress To make you pick up that smoke Yeah, have a heart attack or choke Your choice they�re both life takers You�d think by now we�d put on the brakers And use our brains and bodies wise And stop taking that smoke and listening to our lies Smokin�s no good it�s just dulling the senses Messing with our neuros so we �believe� it de-stresses It�s illusion in our mind, which is poison in our brain And if you can�t tell it�s a lie just see the oncoming train Because it�s coming down the tracks Bringing you a heart attack First class Don�t hit the brakes, step on the gas Smoke faster, put it out before you feel the pressure,
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
May I add just one more? This just sort of flew out this evening (I suppose it has been overdue for me.) No title To the newbies and the oldies and everyone in between you are ALL my inspiration and I've got everything I need I didn't know how I'd do it I knew there wasn't time To think about it much longer Because I know I would have died I could feel it in my chest The racing in my heart The smoke was closing in My arteries falling apart I just had to stop, I had to Because within me God was there The only one who saw me Gasping without air So you see the light went ON and somebody came HOME and now I've rediscovered the one person I've always known! I have been truly blessed to see this light of day in truth it's the light of God that has always lit the way I know I had God's help and I was shown much care because I was guided to all of you and I know you're always there! :) it was just overflowing in me! LOL I can't wait to see all the writing on this thread :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, EVE, Cuddles - Tough act to follow - WOW! Awesome job on this, there a lot of feelings in there - good to vent them out and expose the addiction for the nasty thing it is. Pam, way to call 'him' to the carpet! Eve, you've taken control of your life beautifully. Cuddles, is your Frog's last name Mercury???? LOL Thank you all for sharing! Very inspirational. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,602 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am not good at this creative writing thread, but I will give it a shot. Song by Freddie the non smoking frog [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/anim0004.gif[/IMG] We will, we will smash you We will, we will trash you We will, we will not smoke you We will, we will be free of you Nic demon will go down, poor butt Pleading with your nicotine You�re never going to make anything of your self You got #@*^ on your face, big disgrace Were going to kick your butt, all over the place We will, we will smash you We will, we will trash you We will, we will not smoke you We will, we will be free of you Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $237.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[B] by request here is Luna's 2 month poem[/b] I'm sure she wouldn't mind me copying it here. It's in my quit journal and I love it! This week I am two months away From picking out my starting day So terrified to start the fast So wanting �Make this last puff last!� So scared of what was up ahead So �fraid I�d fail, fall on my head I�d tried and tried and tried before Was this attempt another bore? I felt that it was sad good bye To my best friend, to my ally Who helped me cope, who helped me stay On even keel most every day. I loved to smoke through thick and thin That stick, he was my closest kin I thought he helped, I thought he cared If I was mad or sad or scared. He won�t get me! I thought and thought And e�vry logic fought and fought �It�s others that will fail or die.� Oh how I�d learned to lie and lie Denial was my way of life My thoughts worked hard to block the light With secret smoking and dentine I truly was a closet queen! And then one day my dearest friend Succumbed to cancer ne�er to mend And left me numb, ope�d up my eyes To all the lies, to all the lies. This stick�s no friend! He�ll make me DIE! His only strength is �FALSIFY!� He costs, he smells, he makes me wheeze He�s really just a lying sleeze! I�m tired of giving him the power I�m tired of trembling in cower I�m sick of sneaking off to smoke I hate the life below this cloak. I want to breathe! I want to live! I want to last, to get and give I have so much I want to do I want to start my life anew! And so I made this fateful vow Without a clue just when and how I�d make it through a day without, Or how I�d make this turnabout. I sobbed and cried and stayed in bed I *****ed and moaned and saw all red I felt alone and so bereft I truly thought my mind had left. I had the blues, I felt so sad Life had never seemed so bad My even keel was far away My sanity was gone to stay. I almost cheated, almost caved But SCC folks, my quit saved I struggled through another day And each time found a better way. Life�s crises came to test my will And junkie talk my head did fill But somehow, someway I stayed strong And told that guy, �You�re WRONG, you�re
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know a lot of us have written letters to the cigarettes (or even the nicodemon) or letters to ourselves either going back in time by thanking us for quitting or going forward in the future and telling ourselves how proud we are of us. And many have written poems or songs about our quits, and I thought that bringing them all (or as many as possible) together in one thread would be a fun idea! So, if you've written a creative writing piece, post it here! Or, if you've been wanting to, but just haven't done it yet, write it and post it here! :) I'll start. This is one of the three poems I have written since I first started quitting. This one is probably my favorite, since it was written after I reset my meter and vowed never to smoke again! Starting Over The meter's reset. I'm starting from scratch. Nicodemon, this time you've met your match! Yes you got me, you pulled me down to your level. But now I'm more aware that you're a mean little devil! You cannot keep me; I WILL break away! I'll no longer listen to what you say! You have controlled me for way too long. But now I will prove that I AM STRONG! You've deceived and tricked me, but that is no more. I have opened my eyes, and can see what's in store. I know things'll get hard, but you won't help nonetheless So why would I waste my time with your mess? I will stick with this fight, for it's one worth fighting. For the option is not at all inviting. Victory's mine - You will not win! No matter how many cravings you throw in. "Just have one." You're attempts are so lame Because now, I am in on your little game. "You can smoke. No one will know." I'll be aware and will feel so low. "Forever is such a long time to be had." But one day at a time, and it's not so bad. "You won't make it. You'll give up before then." Just wait and see, I say with a grin. "I'll break you down, like I did last time." I'm prepared and ready for that little line. Whatever junkie talk you throw at me, I'll be ready to fight you, just wait and see. Failure is part of the road to success. As I fail, I will learn, and hopefully fail less. Though I tend to get down on myself for failing, I will try to be positive, though it's not all smooth sailing.
Eve, I like both of your pieces! They are great!!! Cuddles, love the dancing frog! :) OK, here's another one of mine. This one is also very close to my heart. 30 Day Poem Thirty days have come and gone. Who knew I could be so strong? I�d never thought I�d get this far To never smoke that nasty tar. In tries before, I did cheat And so they ended in defeat. But this time, I found a new way � The SSC, they saved the day! They showed me that there�s more to life, And it�s worth all the pain and strife. So many there had made it through, So I knew that I could too. My strength has been put to the test And yet I rise above the rest Of all the smokers who wish they could Kick this nasty habit for good. To them I say, �You can! You can! Win this fight; take a stand Against this horrible enemy Who hates to see you break free!� The road is long; the battles are hard But I know I�ll make it, yard by yard. �It must get easier,� I tell myself. �And all this misery is worth my health.� Not one fag has entered this gob, That�s not to say that I don�t sob. Even still, the fight is tough. Each day I cry, �I�ve had enough!� But yet still, my will is strong, As JoyfulSpirit says, I�m keepin� on keepin� on. And all of you at the SSC, What a lifesaver you�ve come to be! It�s sometimes hard to realize That the good of smoking, is really all lies. The addiction is so hard to break And the stress is just so hard to take. That is when my friends stand tall To pick me up when I fall. To comfort, encourage and lend a hand. Next to them, I proudly stand. Without my friends, I could do this, not. So many lessons they have taught. And when things get rough, as they sometimes do, They are always there to see me through. I don�t see how a quit without the SSC Would survive a day, or two or three. For they have been my godsend. So many a hand, they�re there to lend. So now I am proud to say, I made it through another day. And this one was so toilsome, true But I didn�t smoke because of you. So thank you oh so very much. My life all of you have touched. Another day, tomorrow brings And I�ll think of you, above all things. It might be hard; it might be long. But together, we can stay strong. No
Wow Shevie! That's really powerful! I like it! Crave the Quit! Pam p.s. I also like the one about Nic's boss. :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 242 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,064 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $999.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Great stuff here! :) Once, you seemed so big to me. You controlled my every thought, my every action, my every friend. I could not go anywhere without you being there. You were everywhere I turned. I could not go an hour without you, much less a day or a week. I could not do anything without you controlling me. I could not make friends with people who were not also controlled by you, for that is how much you controlled me. You convinced me that the only people who would understand were people like me, and so I was shut off from the rest of the world. You were always there� haunting me, controlling me. But like an object cast into the distance, you grew smaller and smaller as I ran as quickly as I could to get away from you. The farther I got from you, the smaller you became. However, the course I took away from you was haunted by mirrors that tricked me daily. You seemed to be around me even more than before! In front of me! Behind me! Next to me! You were everywhere! I still could not get away from you! Though I was getting farther and farther away from you, these mirrors made me believe that you were still close by, still lurking in the shadows. This was yet another one of your tricks, another way of controlling me. You could not stand to allow me to be free. The more frantically I ran away from you, the more these mirrors convinced me that you were still there. I felt as trapped, if not more trapped, than I had before! Until one day, I broke those mirrors, every single one of them. I smashed them and shattered them until even they were just a memory. What I then found out was that they were only there because I put them there. It was not you controlling me at all. It was I who gave you that control. I put those mirrors up for protection, and yet they were what was destroying me, but only because I let them. Once the mirrors were gone, I could actually see how far away I had gotten from you. How small you were! What was once so gigantic, so enormous, was now just a tiny spec in the distance. You no longer loomed in the background, nor lurked in the shadows. You no longer controlled my thoughts, actions or friends. You were just a faint memory of the life I used to have. I can hardly see you anymore. Whenever a mi
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG, look at all the talent! Cuddles, your song is awesome! :) OK, here's my contribution from a long time ago. ----------------------------------------------------------------- I know you�re there. I can hear you rustling in the bushes. I can feel your eyes on me. I can almost smell and taste you. You can�t fool me. I�ve got your number. I know all about you. I know your game. I know your name. You�re lurking just out of sight, waiting, hoping, ever patient. You are sure your time will come. And it will. Someday. Perhaps at night, or perhaps in the light of day. Maybe I�ll be sad, or angry, or just bored. I might even be happy, having a good time. Only you will know for sure. I won�t have a clue. When the time comes, you�ll be ready; you�ve stayed ready since day one, waiting until I wasn�t. You will pounce on me like a mountain lion on a fawn. And you will find one hell of a battle. Because I am not a fawn. I will be ready. I�ve always been ready, just like you. You will not prevail. You never have. You never will. I know you�re there. Your game is smoking. Your name is addiction. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: