Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,799 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Tough Weekend

18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Cyberduke!!!! I had to laugh as I envisioned a sweet, gentleman with Alzheimer�s repeating himself!! Sounded like a scene from a comedy!! You poor dear. Well done, to keep yourself so patient. And you were..patient, that is...I'm certain of it. You would not be blessed with great love from your family...without being a kind soul. yourself!! Good luck to you my fellow non smoker!!!! You can do this!!!!!
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome wife and daughter - made me SMILE! Thanks for telling the story Cybrduke. CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cyberduke: I agree, I also had a family event and everyone wanted to know about why I quit, how I quit, did my husband quit too?, when did I quit, how was I doing with the quit? They ask you all these questions and then they don't even go, HEY GREAT JOB! It's just nosey family time I guess. I don't let my guard down either, way too soon in the game. I am a confident person by nature but also very suspicious. And I know nicotine will keep me very suspicious and on my guard for a long time to come! Oh and yes guys, all of those people who asked me all the questions went to have their smoke as soon as they were tired of drilling me! STINKERS (literally) I just did the big EYEBALL ROLL that I am so famous for and went for some more cheesecake - LOL. CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Cyberduke! Wow, there must have been something in the air this past weekend! I too hate the "drilling" that some people do. Questions, questions, and more questions!! In your case though, it couldn't be controlled. I'm sorry you were frustrated! I went to a party this weekend. There were no smokers there, so no craves. I'm starting to love these parties! Anyway, it started to become a drab when everyone starting asking me about my quit. They would say "You mean, you didnt even sneak just one". Normally that statement wouldn't offend me, but they said it with "your kidding. Not you. You will always smoke......" Now coming from people who have never smoked, this is harsh. But I threw it away because they have no idea........... Then one girl asked me how long, and I told her. Then we got on the subject of food. She told me to drink water. When I explained that is what I do, she then said, "You mean this is for real? Is this a real quit???" I almost lost it. I had to remember she never smoked. It took everything in me at that point to stay calm, respectful, and a woman. I so wanted to crush her. But she meant no harm to me, she just does not understand. So I forgave her and went to talk to someone else. Where was the GOOD JOB???? They ask me questions, say some rude remarks, but not even one good job!! Not from anybody there. So I wanted to say to you: GOOD JOB!!!! You are doing great in your quit! I am with you all the way!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $186.39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cybrduke - When it all comes down to it - aren't our close families the most important ones? They are so proud of you and so they should be - 53 days - what an accomplishment. And your poor uncle - he couldn't remember to be proud...how sad. But we say "WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU - and you should be PROUD TOO!! We are on the cruise ship waiting to dock at the beach! You're a great encourager for us all! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,275.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5867 Hours: 15

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cybrduke, We all have different things that set us off with the addiction. You are doing great. You are still very early in your quit. Give yourself time. One thing I would suggest is that you never let your guard down. After a year you will not all of a sudden be cured. It will just be easier to maintain. We are all addicts and that will not change no matter how long we are quit. We are all just one puff away from being full time smokers again. You are smoke free. Continue to make that choice each day, one step at a time, one day at a time. That is how we all make it through. Be proud of your quit. You are doing Awesome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 304 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,087 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1064 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cybrduke...Glad you made it through and sorry you had such a bad weekend. Congrats on 55 days that is awesome!!!! Angelic ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have an awesome family, Cybrduke. :) Vanilla cake with vaniila frosting!!! Mmmmmmmmm. Where's my piece? Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 343 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1303.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Lady - I guess you're right. I'll always have to keep some sort of watch over myself on this addiction. I can do it. I have faith in myself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,937 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $467.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$100,042.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9162 Hours: 7

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad the weekend is over for a change. This weekend we had a visit from my wifes aunt and uncle. Her uncle (God bless him) has Alzheimer�s and all weekend long he kept saying "I heard you quit smoking. How long has it been?" or "You quit smoking? When did you quit?" or "You don't smoke anymore? Since when?" or "I haven't seen you out on the deck smoking? Did you quit?".... You get the idea. I have to say that being in a room full of smokers would have been easier than having to talk about it every 15 minutes like clockwork. I did get through the weekend without losing my mind and without smoking. That's the important thing but damn, IT WAS TOUGH! My wife and kids don't mention my quit often, and I don't talk about it much except in here. It's an internal thing. It's mine, I own it. Having to vocalize it so many times this weekend was very different. Just talking about it caused urges. I did not expect that. Thank God I'm not fooling myself this time. Even though I'm almost 8 weeks into this, I still consider myself a smoker in the action phase. I am actively quitting at the moment. Right now 1 smoke would = two packs a day. I'd fall right back into it. Still fragile. When I hit 6 months I'll maintain the quit. When I hit a year I'll call myself an ex-smoker. Only then will I start to let my guard down. Sorry for the ramble, but I had to blow it off. It was a tough weekend. Thanks for being here everyone. The support is invaluable. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,937 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $467.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$100,042.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9162 Hours: 7

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: