Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Strong Dislikes

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You aren't coming across as rude at all.....and I can relate to you NOT wanting to smoke....but I really believe that in spite of that, these intense emotions are due to quitting. We are no longer able to dull ourselves with nicotine.....being a junky and taking a fix, will temporarily calm you in other 'areas' of life?? We use the high of the fix to cool the upsurge of emotion.....or the inclination to 'think' to long about lifes little irritations?? Believe me, if you learn to distract yourself from this, it will improve over time. Try to concentrate on positive emotions....rewards of your new found life..... don't over analyze yourself at this point......the addiction is still having an effect on your behavior and thinking Katy
  • Quit Meter

$158,952.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5343 Hours: 0

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angelic....truly, both of these things may be true.....you might have been covering up some of your dislike by just hitting yourself with a jolt of nicotine now and then.....or it may mostly be due to just the stress of your quit at present. Take your anger in hand....admit it....tell others that you are currently having a go at just being pissed at the world in general...assure them it's mostly due to quitting smoking and it will pass in time....ask them to bear with you for the present. Then stick to yourself if that will help....and be GOOD to yourself! Rewards, plenty of rest, eating properly, etc. You are at a pivitol point in quitting. one month is a hurdle of sorts.....the glamour of quitting has faded.....smokers don't want to hear about it OR acknowledge it, non-smokers think you should be over it.....and here you are...mad, tired, perhaps a mite depressed...still having a struggle with emotions. Personally, I turned into a super ***** a few weeks into quitting. I was mad, it wasn't fair that others were still smoking, still others thought I had done nothing noteworthy at all! I guess I was still subconsciencly wishing I could smoke? and that was anger provoking. Take the anger and direct it at the REAL culprit....the addiction....Ole Nic....the Junky. He is working on your emotional stability hard as he can.....anger plays in his favor....you have to take the reins and learn to diffuse it the "instant" you see it start to sparkle. You may not be able to totally avoid this person, but you can learn ways to bypass the emotions that you relate to her. Get busy when you feel it coming....take a rest room break....get an icey drink...splash your face....move around and breath deeply and let yourself 'feel' your control come back....insert some humor into the situation if you can I know you can do this with just a bit of practice. and believe me, your control will improve with time, also the anger will begin to subside. It's a fairly ordinary symptom actually. Hang tough.... and kick butt (and not of the coworker YIKES! LOL) katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1550 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62,022 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Da
  • Quit Meter

$158,952.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5343 Hours: 0

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: