Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

This is driving me crazy

18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what people mean by trying to quit could drive you crazy. I have actually been trying since the end of November. I go along just great for a few days and then something upsetting happens in my personal life and off to the store I go. On Feb 5th I gave it another shop and was doing just great all week (other than the rough edges) until last evening. In the space 30 mins my kids called and said they had something to do this week-end other than spending the week-end with me and right after that my supposed girlfriend also cancelled on me for the 3rd time this week. That did it! I got back on track this morning but that didn't last long. My girlfriend cancelled on me again. I guess I don't have the support of a loved one to help me. She said she would help but there's no sign of any encouragement, in fact I have allowed her to be part of the problem. I got another pack and I'm hating myself for it. Signed: at wits end Tom
Hi N2K: I'm quitting for me! Actually, if I want to keep my lt leg I better quit. One of the two major arteries supplying blood to the leg is completely blocked. Have to quit before March 8th. That's when I see the Vascular Surgeon. Tom
Thanks so much guys. I really apreciate the support. If you want a real big laugh read what's up next. I am actually a Registered Nurse type A personality. I have been helping people since I was 19 yrars old (1974) and worked as a medic. I should know what I'm supposed to do but I'm have a H...ofa time applying it to me. My Dad used to have a saying; 'Don't do as I do, Do as I say.' I have talked with countless patients about health issues on a wide range of topics but when it comes to applying it to me ...well, you know the rest. I just have to shake myself and wake up. I want to be there for my two great kids. Girl 13 and Son 10. I will quit for me and for them. Tom
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, You can do this thing. We are all right here fighting for your life. You've gotta Kick the cig to the curb. Grab on to all these hands reaching out for you. COme on back and tell us how you are doing. Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 742 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$25,057.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 635 Hours: 19

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im here, we went shopping for my birthday. Thanks for the wonderful responses. I am not giving up. As far as I know there is no quit smoking support group in our county but I will check into it. Right now you guys are my main support. I will check in later, hubby is helping me get the house cleaned up for family that are coming over tomorrow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I am a Quitter I am a an Ash Kickin Joker & ? I am a the cook on the Beach I am going to succeed one day at a time I am a going to make this quit stick I am a worth saving I am a going to make it to the beach in 100 more days I am NOT going to smoke switched them around some Lady, hope you dont mind and I am grabbing your hand, need all the support and help I can get right now Cheryl thanks for being there and thanks for the rope, tie it tight. Junkie thoughts are really bad right now "go ahead a smoke one more, then quit". If I give in I will get the same thing later. BFS I read your post and it is what I am going through right now. The hardest part was admiting failure, now I have to get over it and quit again. I need to find the strength in my self to do this and stay quit. This addiction sucks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Im sorry my quit meter didnt reset when I posted. Today is my birthday. I am going to quit. I feel like I am on a roller coaster. I hate roller coasters. I want to quit for good. Yes one puff will do you in. But I have to be stronger than nic. I am not giving up on being smoke free. Just starting over. I am back to day one. Guess I will be in the kitchen for alot longer than I thought. Dont give up on me. I am going to do this until I get it right. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/312.gif[/IMG] I dont want to smoke, I keep losing my will power. This is alot harder than I thought. Help! I need to quit and stay quit. Why am I having so much trouble. It makes me so mad and now I keep thinkin why try. But I know why I dont want to smoke. I am just so frustrated about this, I just cant think straight right now. I am not going to give up. Im just have to find something that will work for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 519 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, cuddles sorry your in a strugle right now,old nic has a hold of you like he does me ,with all his junkie sweet talk!i know if i wernt on the gum i would be right ware you r now.have you tried the gum at all??? it does work,but im so fed up of chewing!!!but i dont feel ready to let go as yet[junkie talk!] just to let you know im with you and know wot your going through right now, love ya jan xxx this is posted 11.2.06 after g/man coz all my posts move lately!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,038 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �477.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, In all due respect, do you have any support outside of SSC? Maybe something close and personal can help, like a smoking group face to face. When I was finishing my MBA on-line I couldn't get through a very hard stat course and I need the interaction of a group and their support. I passed the course. My concern is "YOU" and maybe its time to try something different. Now don't leave us0----- but get additional help. You are so worth this quit and you want it, so give yourself a little more to succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/10/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,486 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $471.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: