Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

help

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheller, Stay strong, do not give into the junkie talk. Make a list of coping mechanisms. Distract yourself, divert your attention to something else. If need be, take a walk, practice some relaxation techniques. Do anything that will take the attention away from smoking. Stay Strong, Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI SHELLAR, ALL I CAN SAY IS PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT GROOVEKITTY SAID. SMOKING WILL NOT HELP ANYTHING. SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAMILY. MO [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheller i'm so sorry to hear about all of these hearbreaking things that are happening to your family. I can assure you that even one cig won't make it better and i know you already know that. You've made it this far and you can get through all of this without smoking. Stay tough & hang on, don't give up on yourself you ARE worth more!!! BJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheller - how are you? Tell us you hung in there. This is your test - the BIG one. You can pass and earn your quit. All junky talk and you know it. We can all echo it for you and you can lean on us, but you know the answer. This is the best thing you could posssibly do for yourself. Take it a moment at a time if you have to. Whatever you do, hang on - you surely don't sound like you need any more negative feelings and that's all you would accomplish by giving in - do DON'T. Please. Stay strong. If you're feeling weak, fake it 'til you make it. I think we all get tested, yours sounds like a major final exam - you can ace it. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh man......usually it doesn't take much for the nicodemon to slide in and start whispering, but you have the door cranked wide open.....I am so sorry to hear about your family...... BUT - WILL SMOKING MAKE IT ALL DISAPPEAR? Or will you have to deal with the news AND feel disgusted with yourself for throwing away a 21 day quit???????? Please, try to find a new way of coping with tragedy. It's so easy to go back to what you know, and are comfortable with.....you need new comfort. I hope you can find it. Stay strong......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry that your life sucks right now. But you have to know that smoking will not make it all better. You know that if you have even just 1 cig. you will feel even worse. Unfortunatly,you have to be very strong right now for your family and yourself. You can do this! Don't give up or in! I hope you will be here with me on this journey we have been taking since Jan. 1st. Keep Close, Keep Strong. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sheller....what a cr*p deal! Don't make it worse by throwing a 21 day quit. Bad days happen whether we smoke or not. Give the junkie a smack on the nose! brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRR!RUNS IN TO POST SCREAMING! JUNKIE TALK JUNKIE TALK JUNKIE TALK :eg: SHELLER STICK WITH THE QUIT,IT WOULD ONLY ADD 1 MORE PROBLEM TO YOUR ALREADY SH*** DAY ! KEEP CLOSE JAN XXXX [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �398.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sheller.....very sorry about your mom, father-in-law....my mother died from pancreatic cancer and it's a tough way to go. My heart goes out to you. The other option is an nrt. Have you tried the gum or lozenges? The quit might be an overload right now but you don't have to smoke. Many have found wellbutrin helpful. You really should go talk to your doctor. I find loss devastating.....get help. Stay very close and post often and let us know how things are going. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $915 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Junkie Talk! All junkie talk. Here is some non-junkie talk. Post from Sheller....somewhere in the future..... 'I use to be a member of this site...I quit smoking once for 4 months but lost my quit when my mother died. I came back a couple of months later to try again....' You fill in the rest of the story Sheller. This is your life. You have to fight for it. It is a good fight and you can reign a champion but you have to fight it. You will not win by falling back into the same trap over and over again. Crap happens all the time to all of us. You cannot allow all the misfortunes in life to control you. This is a mistake that I have made over and over and over again. Get determined....Fight for your quit! You were quit for four months. You know what freedom feels like. That should make you desire it even more! Do you want the doctors coming in to you saying... Well Sheller....due to your smoking......you have xxxx cancer..... and you have x months to live. You think it's difficult getting the news about loved ones. What about yourself. Think about that. Smoking Kills. Do you want to live? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: