Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

beating myself up

12 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks Josie and ~m...  for the support..

I am glad that you are here too...

Sid.....
12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sid... I'm glad you are here.
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sid,

Great perseverance! Do what is right for you.  Take your time and know that we are with you every step of the way.  Ask questions and gain support.

Josie, Health Educator
Sorry I meant to type not feeling very motivated instead of unmotivated in my previous post...Like I said my focus and I guess word structure is off lately too...Depression does strange things to my mind and memory thats for sure...

Sid....
This has been a tough week for me..I am not feeling very unmotivated to work on my negative core beliefs lately..I am not sure why..I belong to the panic center also but am not feeling comfortable there lately...I think I do better in a group made up of separate individuals working on their issues..This is really hard for me to do in a group where there are couples in the group..especially when they are emailing each other outside of the group..
Anyway I have decided I really need to start to focus on my negative core beliefs more and the depression center is the best place for me to do this...I think I can give and receive the support I need here for other Individuals who are Presently dealing with some of the same issues that I am, like depression and their negative core beliefs...I really do need to move forward and start challenging more of my negative core beliefs....
So hear I am and here I go, I am starting to read over the program again this evening...

Sid....
I am still working on my negative core beliefs and assumptions...I have made some progress and I now letting myself relax and am I enjoying reading again...Who would of thought that my negative core beliefs about myself stemming from my childhood were keeping me from letting myself relax and enjoy life..but they were..
I am so grateful that I found the program here and started working the sessions on core beliefs..It has not been easy and it has taken some time to get a better understanding of my self but it has been so worth it...
I still have a ways to go on this journey and more negative core beliefs to work on but that is ok because now I have the tools I need to help me live a happy and healthy life..

To be continued,

Sid......

Hi ~m

Thanks for the big cyber hug....I am starting to feel better today...I am still working on those negative core beliefs one at time and turning them into positive core beliefs about myself...Self care is the one I am presently working on which is a positive one....

Sending a big cyber hug back at you...(((((((((M)))))))))))

Sid

12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh Sid... what a nightmare... I sure hope you are feeling better today.  I'm impressed that you can calmly relate the exposure and are willing to share your self-care techniques... it is hard to remember how sometimes.  Thanks for the reminder.  Sending gentle cyber hugs your way (if that is ok) (((((((((((((((((Sid)))))))))))))))))
Spend the whole day yesterday at Dr. appointments and pharmacy...Do to the wonders of technology and the new computer generates Rx's..It took 3 hours to fill my rx..They days of paper Rx's were so much better you could get you Rx filled in 25 minutes while you shopped at the store..Not like now and having to make numerous phone to the Dr. office because your BP rx got lost in cyber space...I suffer from anxiety and depression so this was a hard day of exposure for me.
I am a little tired and depressed today from yesterday. I and am increasing my dosage of bp meds today...One of the side effects of this medication is depression so I am a little concerned..Its a little experiment my Dr. has me trying to see if we can keep my pressure down..with making me dizzy or having me pass out..and if that doesn't work, well there is always Valium.. Anyway today I am going to try and relax and stay away from negative influences..Its called Self Care here on the program site..and it is something I need to do more off...

Sid
13 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Feeling a little tired and down this morning..Its should get better as the day progresses...

Reading this thread: