Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Your Pleasant and Accomplishement Activities for Today

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well we talked to the dog counselors and we all came to the conclusion that the dog was to young for us and really needed a younger more active family.  We would be better off with a older more layed back dog being that we are seniors.  I am feeling depressed about it but I think it is the best thing for us and the dog.  Anyway now we have to return all the supplies that we bought for the dog $300 dollars worth. This is going to be very hard for me so my partner said he would do it.  Well I guess I am going to have to find something else besides a dog to help me deal with my depression and ptsd.  I do not know what it will be or how I will do it.  I am still searching for some inner peace in this world.

Red
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How exciting Red! You sound so thrilled and happy about this dog. I hope all goes well with the behaviour trainer. Keep us posted on how that goes.

Samantha, Health Educator
Well we went out and looked at dogs again yesterday and today.  We looked at some smaller breeds and the were just to hyper and nervous. We decided to go back and look a the Lab Diego again and asked to take him out for a walk this time.
I was able to control him on the leash and used some of the dog whispers training techniques and Diego did fine. I have really fallen in love with this dog and was in tears at the thought of not having him in my life.  We put him on hold again and meet with behavior trainer on Wed and if everything goes right we should be bringing him home that afternoon.  We went out and got him a bed, toys, treats and dog food on the way home, still have to get a leash and collar/harness to train him with before we pick him up. I am glad that I did not retreat into a depression and give up on him even though the women a the spca humane society keep talking about his negative traits. I need him and he needs me and I really think he will enrich my life.  He is really a great dog.   It has been quite a day today of pleasant activities and accomplishments.  I am a little tired now but I am learning how to be a pack leader and it feels good.

Red
Today is going to be a relaxing day of laying in bed drinking coffee and watching tv.

Red
Making Decisions
I weighted the pros & cons of getting a pet again.
I went to the animal shelter again today to look at dogs again.
We made a decisions not to get a young large dog for now and that it would to much for us.
I decided that I am not ready to make a 15 yr commitment to take care of a pet at my age.
I would like having a pet but I feel this pet would be better off with a young family with kids
Today has been a hard day of making decisions with a lot of tears but I am very proud of myself
for thinking this through and not doing anything impulsive that I may regret later.

Red
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Red!

That is very exciting!  Keep us updated.

Ashley, Health Educator
Today,

I went down to the local animal shelter today and have put a 2 yr old Labrador Retriever named Diego on hold for me to adopt after I meet with  the Behavioral animal trainer that did the assessment on him when he was taken into the shelter.  I am excited about getting him and bringing him home.  He is a beautiful and intelligent animal and well mannered. He does need to be trained to walk on a leash without pulling and they seem to think he has a obsession with his ball but gees he is a Retriever. I will have to wait and see what they say at the meeting on Jan 5.  They require that I go to the meeting before I can adopt him.  Well I guess I just have to wait and see if he is the dog for me.  Well its midnight here and I need to try to get more sleep tonight.  So off to bed I go.

Red
Yesterday,

I spent most of the day on line researching different types of dogs before I decide weather or not to get a pet.

Today,

Well, I will have to post later when I have something to post.  Its three hours earlier here and I am still trying to get going and get motivated this morning, which I have to make myself  do most morning.  Didn't get enough sleep again last night.  I am going to try to get more sleep tonight.  That is going to be my major accomplishment for today if I can pull it off, so that I can feel better tomarrow.

Red
Yesterday, 
I spent the morning playing with the casio piano my partner got me, yes I got one too for Xmas from my Santa Baby.
I went grocery shopping in the afternoon and also got some head phones for the piano so I can play any time I get the urge.
I got some walking in yesterday and felt much better getting out of the house for a while.
Today,
I had a relaxing morning.  I am not sure what today will hold  for me.  I am going to do my best to make it a pleasant day.  If
I do just that for today, I feel it will be a productive day and I will have accomplished my goal for today.  Which is to love myself and be content and happy for today.

Red
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sounds great Red and the plans you've made on Boxing Day.  I was as industrious yesterday and though I thought about plans didn't reach any conclusions. 
Today I slept almost all day and watched Football (I love it) and talked on the computer.
Yesterday, I did visit friends I didn't get to see through Christmas.  I did enjoy that.

Reading this thread: