Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Ready to Give Up

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ava, It's nice to know I'm not alone. One of the greatest downers for me is that I am alone. That isn't necessarily true. I have two boys, 13 & 5. But I feel completely alone a lot of times and it is almost like I am constantly recovering from a broken heart. The medication is suppose to help isn't it? So if I have the medication and I'm not any better then the problem is "ME". It's so hard to understand and even harder to know what to do.
17 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady: I just wanted to write and say that I certainly do understand about feeling worn out with the effort, and like you, I have a list of things I used to do to make it feel better. Certainly isolating myself was one of the things I had/have down to a fine art (and your post gave me a great challenge to overcome that here, so thank you). And like you I definitely have days when I wish I could just put the toothpaste back in the tube and give up on confronting these strange patterns in my life. I have no answers beyond that, to say anything more would be to pretend I have answers. But I did want you to know that I understand, and moreover, you really helped me a great deal by your post and by giving me an opportunity to respond. Thanks again
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Don't get discouraged. There are many members that know what you are going through. ( The time change do make it difficult for many to connect) Try using the IM Messenger to connect with others as well. Push through and get the answers you need. Use the program to help assist and progress. Start journaling and use this with your doctor and counselor to pinpoint areas that you can improve upon. There is lots of help and knowledge here, so please take a look. Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't been here in a while and I see the activity is still very slow. I don't know if there is any hope for me. I was diagnoised with depression back in October and have been doing Counseling ever since. I have worked on offsetting the negative thoughts. I have had my medication changed. Then I had my medication increased and I'm still a basked case full of emotion. My counselor decided that the medicine is just not doing it's job. She says that I've had many years of a lot of "stuff" happen and it won't be better over night. She contanted my MD and told him how she feels. My MD didn't call her back so she asked me to call. I called and the nurse told me that he hadn't called the counselor but that they had discussed me (been going to this doctor for about 15 yrs). She said I am on the medication the DR wants me on and he doesn't want to change it or for me to come off of it. We will discuss it again in May when I have my next appointment. I give up. I had hope when the counselor said that the medication wasn't right. It somehow made me believe the problem wasn't me. But apparently the problem IS me. I'm so tired of fighting this crap. All the negative thoughts, all the tears. What is the point. No I'm not suicidal. I'm just ready to quit. Quit taking the medicine, quit talking about all this crap, quit counseling, isolate myself like I'm good at, and go back to smoking. I was sane then. I was quite functional. I don't know if anyone is out there or if anyone understands. I guess that's about all I have to say.

Reading this thread: