Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Moaning

18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel... my parents fight like crazy though. My dad is an alcoholic and my mom and him fight and then my mom takes it out on me by fighting with me. And I would go and vent on my boyfriend. But im learning not to moan about things to other people except people that are there to help me (psychologist, friends, some family) My parents dont even think theres anything wrong with me. They think its all in my head. A really good book to ready though is called Undoing Depression. I started reading it and it reaaallly opened up my eyes. And im not a big reader! But you should try and read it to get away from that. It will relax you. Try and let me know how it goes! Much luck to you! Sarah
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Sharon, Thanks for the Christmas and New Year wishes. I hope that we all have a more positive 2006 too. Although I have been feeling very down over the Christmas period, i think that 2006 is the year I am determined to change my attitude to life. Christmas is a more emotional time anyway - expectations of everything are raised, including family. Memories of the past come flooding back and fears for the future too. Time to let go of the past and throw out all of those "what if's?" As you said on my other post - some people can make things seem worse. I think my sister does that becuase I don't spend much time with her. Maybe if I spent more time with her then we both wouldn't feel that we were in competition for each other's sympathy/empathy. I know that we are like this because we both felt our needs were not met and we always had to think of others all our childhood. However unlike me, who has had some chance to reflect on my childhood she has not had this. I need to be a bit more understanding of other people while also making sure my current needs are met. I thought if I had a counsellor again or perhaps went to my doctors and this time took some medication then maybe I would have the energy to deal with the people in my life who I love in a more constructive way. I've got to stop feeling bitter about things that are going on in my life now or I'll push everyone away. moth18
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moth, I think we all have done that and still do. I try and change the subject or not get involved. I have found it easier just to leave the room. I am hoping that you had a Merry Christmas and we all look forward to a better 2006. Sharon
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I contantly feel I am moaning about something or other. No matter how positive I think I am going to be I end up - especially in family situations - moaning about my life. What usually happens is I liten to them moaning and then get drawn into a moaning competition. Must be a family trait. Moth

Reading this thread: