Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Session Two Group Walkthrough

12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I found useful to learn that it is important to have goals in order to get better. The lack of goals in the past had contributed to my depression.

Analysing the activity tracker I found that my depression is worse when I wake up and when I am presented with some problem at work. My sleep pattern is fine as usually as I go to bed and wake up at the same time.

I already posted my goals on these forums and I am working on 3 goals right now. 2 goals (meditate 10 minutes a day and visit the country side or go near the sea 1 time a week) result from pleasant activities and 1 goal (clean and arrange my home office) from the sense of achievement.

13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've read through the second session. I want to spend a lot of time with this one; it has a lot in it.

I'm still trying to figure out the mood thermometer, since we got more advice for it in this session, with the word association. I was curious how other people have their mood thermometer set up. Not like specific detials of course, but what kind of range you put. Because when I started with the thermometer, I rated around zero as doing all right, feeling fine. Kind of normal. But with the word list I put zero as more of a really happy rating. It does kind of help to spread the range out a bit that way. And it's nice to have a few different words for each portion to help cover what just "feeling bad" is like.

I've got plenty of goals written down, but the first one I'm going to work on is to write my story for at least fifteen minutes every day. I've got the steps set up, and hope to start around Friday once things calm down a little around here. I like the idea of really breaking a goal down. I think that will help, because I've tried to just jump into the habit of writing a bit every day, and it hasn't worked so far.

Hope to get to the other things like accomplishment and enjoyment tasks later on, too!
14 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of the activities/goals I've set for myself is getting out of the house and walking more.  So far so good!.  I was out several times last week and since th weather is looking good for this week, I hope to get out a bunch more times this week!
Thanks for the complements goofy. 
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Breezin_TO that is AWESOME. I would love to see it up close!  Beautiful work.  And it is artistry irregardless of the medium used!!! (opinion).  you are very talented. 
Thanks for sharing!
Perhaps it will inspire others to create something with their minds and hands.
Thanks samantha.  It took about 2 months to complete.  There is a lot of detail in it.  Too bad there wasn't a better way to post images, the picture copy is not very good.
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Breezin! That is really beautiful!What a great talent you have! This must have taken you a very long time to complete! Thank you so much for sharing that with us! Superb!

Samantha, Health Educator
This is a scene from Kensington Market in Toronto on Pedestrian Sunday.  The size is 11x17 inches on Stonehenge paper using Prismacolor Premier Colored pencils.
Unable to reduce it to the 50k file size limit.  If I can find a way I will post the pic

Reading this thread: