Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Session Two Group Walkthrough

14 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did set a goal to walk more as it relaxes me so much!

Work got busier and later and I didn't get around to it, to cold outside..

My wife is a genius ..she helped with my goal, last week she started the family walk every night, except for really cold days, after supper...half way through the walk she handed me my Ipod and told me to go and do my own walk and she would meet back at home.

This is really helping move those walk times up!

Yeah I know baby steps!

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cindy,

Excellent progress!  We look forward to hearing how your exercise program assists you day to day and how it makes you feel.  Keep us updated and good for you for setting goals!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm doing session two. I found that I tend to get into a self-absorbed/isolated rut so what I am trying to do is think of things I can do for other people for a change. The first goal I made was to make a gift for my brother for his birthday, although he is not expecting it I figure it would be a nice thing to do. I'm so glad I put it on the goal planner because it does take several steps and I am sure I would have procrastinated on it and probably never have gotten around to it. I am enjoying the act of putting everything together and tomorrow I'll go shopping for some nice wrapping paper which will be a pleasant activity. I am trying to list all the people in my life and try to brainstorm nice little things I can do.

My other goal is to get in shape especially in anticipation of the warmer weather...I printed off an exercise program that I'm going to follow starting tomorrow.
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post deb! Camping sounds great! I always gain so much from a camping experience. Do make time for your relationship, they are so important! My relationship is one of my main priorities! 

Strength

14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I liked everyone's posts for this session.  I really know my self-care is in the dumpster, and I liked that this session focuses on that.  So here are my goals:

Sense of Accomplishment:
1.  Taking care of financial things that were bothering me.  I did that yesterday and feel a huge sense of relief.  I'm not scared to answer my phone anymore.
2. Listening to all 147 messages on my answering service.  Now I don't have to worry about that too.

Pleasant activities:
1. Going camping (I'm going this Saturday).  My boyfriend has been bugging me for months to go camping which, under normal circumstances I love.  But I've been isolating so bad that I did not want to go.  I couldn't see the point.  The house needed cleaning, blah blah blah.  So I dove in and made the committment.  I've changed my mind-- I need to invest some time in myself, and in our relationship.
2. I'm taking my sewing and my book (neither of which I've been able to concentrate on) and hope to be able to focus at least a little bit.

Exercising, eating well, and sleeping well are huge priorities for me as well.  I'm just working on the sleeping part, and will tackle the other two as soon as I feel ready.  The sleeping is getting better.  Today was the first day I didn't go back to sleep after dropping my son off at kindergarten.  That was major!  I've been averaging 10-16 hours of sleep everyday.  It felt good to actually not feel compelled to crawl back in.  Good stuff :)

So Goofy, I'm hoping to be joining you and Diva soon in the excercise department.
Deb
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go; I'm glad that you are getting exercise and this exericise is helping your depression.  I know the program works, too.  Keep up the good work!!!!!
14 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have increased my walking!

By writing it down i was able to increase by 5 minute intervals!  I can now do an hour at a time...now to get the kids to add music i like on their Ipods.

I really enjoy the walking and I have started to change up the route to keep me occupied!

14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have printed it off and placed it in my purse, but I have also made my own in a little notebook from the dollar store that I can fill in, and I find that this is also useful.
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Butchkiss,

What most members do is print off the document and hand fill it in throughout the day.  It helps to keep it close at hand and where you will see it often.

Members, how do you use your activity tracker?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just started the program and I need some help with the activity tracker. It comes up in a PDF format that I cannot type into.  Do I have to create my own document and keep tract, or is it something I can pull up directly from the website and type into?  Is it supposed to be posted as part of my tool box on the web or just kept by me for me?  Anyone that can help with these questions, much appreciated.  Thanks.

Reading this thread: