Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Your Top 3- Acts of Kindness

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually Sunny has done a lot more baking than me. We bake different things. Yesterday I made wine jelly to stick in oatmeal cookies. (soft cookies) It has no alcohol as it boils off, it just tastes like the wine it was made from. It is Raspberry and I find it less sweet than raspberry jam and has no seeds. I need to buy stuff for Steamed Suet Pudding. That will be the last thing to bake for me. A tradition again, very rich. I use lemon pudding on it now instead of the rum sauce I used to. I opened a bottle of ten year old sparkling Raspberry wine for the jelly. Very good but it doesn't go with my meds. Better to make jelly out of it although I could just boil off the alcohol and enjoy it. Times change and people change but the season stays the same. I think it is called grounding.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been inspired by Davit's baking and am beginning to get in the holiday spirit....
Thank you for your holiday cheer Davit!!

Today we are going to trim the tree and I am going to bake some chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies..I thought it would be nice to give some to our neighbors in return for there generosity..It's starting to look and feel like Christmas here on the site and at home too..

Red....
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In caregiving, everything we do might be seen as kindness, but the danger is the degree of appreciation.

Monday I just let someone ahead of me in a meeting.  Tomorrow I might cook something special since my brother is coming over, and  offer it to him snce it will be freshley made.
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

What great stories! Keep them coming!

Sonia
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Our neighbors brought us a Christmas card and some home made pastries this year. Which was so sweet and restored my faith in humanity..
My son and daughter in law and grandkids stopped by to visit on Thanksgiving Day..Which was a special treat we had not expected..This meant so very much to us..

Now for the flip side..

We are buying gifts to put in the toys for tots box to help the needy again this year..We look forward to doing this every year. It brings us so much joy and it also helps give needy children and there families a nice Christmas..
What a coincidence. I just made bagels. Real bagels made with butter. The type that are simmered and then baked. Not many places make bagels this way as it is an extra step, but worth it. We used to have a bagel shop making them this way. Made wine jelly too. Does anyone remember Bismarck's. I don't know if you can even buy them any more. Making cookies too to give away.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here a few kind of fun ones that come to mind.  I used to buy coffee from a fellow who had a drive-through espresso stand.  He was terrific and always knew exactly what my order was going to be.  One day, I could see in the rear view mirror that the CEO of our company was in line behind me.  I asked the fellow if he knew what the guy behind me in line typically ordered and he said he did.  So, I paid for my coffee and the coffee of my company's CEO, just to brighten his morning a bit.  Well, that day we had an all-company meeting and I won an award!  I had to go up to accept my award from the CEO.  He hadn't known it was me who bought his coffee but I shared the story because it was a nice coincidence!
Last week an artist-friend of mine went to a concert with me.  We saw a 23 piece band - they were incredible.  They announced during the show that they didn't have a big tour budget and they had relied on being able to stay with fans and relatives throughout the tour - but they knew no one in our city and did anyone want to host them.  So, my friend offered her home for the band to stay in.  The next morning I brought them bagels and muffins from our local bakery.  It felt wonderful to do that and to be able to support the arts that way.
Okay, that's only two but they had such lengthy stories, I should leave my post at this.  Fun idea, Davit!
Let me twist this a bit and give you something to think on since what goes around comes around. What three acts of kindness have you done? ( acts of kindness are negative preventives ) They not only help others but they help you too.

Davit.  (sadly my list is a bit shy due to my physical disability, but I try that is important)
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really like this discussion.  I think that every day I have a new Top 3.  I like that this discussion encourages me to act kindly and to notice when people are going out of their way to improve the day of another!
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

There are so many!

Once someone braced me when I was losing my balance on a moving subway train, since I was casted and unable to reach the hand grip.

Today a museum guide repeated part of the tour, since I was late.

Today I asked a woman about her smartphone, and she could have placed her ear buds on and ignored me, but described the kinds and her experience with it.

Reading this thread: