Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Your Top 3- Acts of Kindness

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning everyone:  It is gently snowing again, so pretty.  I loved reading your post Carmieslug.  I smiled and felt very happy for you and your son.

Yesterday a total stranger called to see if we would like a full cord of wood delivered to our door.  Wow, not only did he deliver it, he split more than half of it with Davit.  We invited him in afterward and had a nice snack of tea, cinnammon toast, mincemeat pie right out of the oven, mandarin oranges, nuts and brandy chocolates.  We got to know each other a bit more and he has invited us to his house some time over the holiday and meet his wife too.  I gave him a plateful of Christmas cookies to bring home.  All in all, a wonderful day.

Also, a neighbour across the road - though neighbours are far between and you can't see each others houses - comes every now and then and plows our large driveway when he does his.  How very kind and thoughtful.  

Another friend comes unbidden to ask if there is anything he can do for us.  He has helped on many occasions with heavy work such as putting chains on the tractor tires and carrying heavy things into the house which neither Davit nor I can lift.  He stays for a cup of tea and a chat and is off again, saying call anytime if we need his help.

Sunny and Davit
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My son had been telling everyone at school about our upcoming vacation (which we had to nix because the airline we chose decided to cancel all flights to our destination).  I told my son that we would try to make it up to him somehow.  It will be difficult because my husband was just laid off from his job on Friday and funds are going to be limited.  My son said that he wanted a hamster more than anything. Over the weekend, another parent told me that his children are no longer paying attention to their pet hamster and they would like to give him to our son, with a cage and a hamster wheel!  My son will be over-the-moon excited when he learns this news!  This really has made our holiday so much brighter!

It only takes a little bit of light to get rid of the darkness. This is what I've learned.

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

What small acts of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
What did you learn from this?

Samantha, Health Educator 

Reading this thread: