Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

How To Make Friends

13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari,

You're taking a lot of positive steps in your life and in the process you have learned many things about yourself. You have perservered through a challenging time in your life.

Congrats!

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning everyone:  I used to own a motorcycle when I was 18 yrs. old.  I loved it, the freedom feeling is so true.  I used to ride it to work during the summer so I didn't have to use the hot buses.  I had tons of fun with it.  Lots of summer outings and picnics with friends.  My father had said yes, to buying one, my mother had said no. (I was still living at home).  I bought one and when it was delivered to the house, my father refused to go for a ride, but my mother did!  too funny.  I often think I'd like to buy one again.  Have fun Shari.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Shari..good for you! Vroom.....
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Teebs!  I wish you could go too, I know you would love it.  I've ridden on the back, but have never driven one, so it should be fun to see the road ahead instead of the back of someone's helmet :)  The only thing I can compare it to is horse back riding.  You feel free and happy, I can't wait!
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,

You are so awesome.

I wish I could go riding with you! Never been on a bike but I think I would love it.
Teebs
I am really excited!!!  I am enrolling to take a Motorcycle Mechanics class AND Small Engine Repair classes I and II.  I bought a book, "How to Repair Your Motorcycle" and the more I read, the more excited I got and the more I know I can do it.  The night classes don't start until spring, but I decided I can make good use of that time by studying my book and learning the terms and parts of a motorcycle, so I will be better prepared for my class.  I've already emailed my instructor twice and he is a very nice man.  I asked him if the classroom had a pneumatic impact driver and if it didn't could I bring my own :)  I'm going to get a torque wrench as well.  Santa will be surprised at my Christmas list this year :)  I've also decided to convert my chicken coop shed into a bike shop and rebuild my own motorcycle.  I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to enjoy the journey as well as the destination (a bike I can ride).  Looks like I'll need to get my motorcycle license as well.  And maybe a few Harley Davidson t-shirts to keep up my biker chick image - ha ha.  One thing I've learned about myself is that although I may not have patience, I do have perserverance and persistance.  Maybe I'll find friends in class that will want to help me build my bike or at least to go riding with when I'm done.  Yea!!!  I'm so happy to have goals and a purpose and a lot to look forward to. 
Wow!  Thanks everybody!  It's great to hear from you loves trees.  Sunny, it's basically a cafe at a book store where people sit and chat or work on their computers.  It's not a book club, but I have seen book club groups meet there :)  I did join one of those, once.  The reading material wasn't my cup of tea, so I just read on my own :) 

Your friend,
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari,

You sound very content! That is great that you are achieving your goals and expanding your horizons too! A great reminder, as you say, that persistance pays off. Sometimes we forget that as we get mired down with lack of success. I'm glad you keep at it. You should be proud of yourself!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Shari:  Wow, that was quite the knitting group.  I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable too.  Glad to hear you are making friends at the book shop.  Is it like a book club of sorts?   A mechanic is very interesting.  Good luck in your new endeavor if that is what you choose.

Yoiur friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,
Thanks for posting this. Its really great to hear your story about finding new friends.

Reading this thread: