Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,718 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142, HIngle_McCringleberry

New

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cleo,  and  Kim  

I am sorry if I upset you when I suggested you talk to your Dr before ingesting Alcohol with your other meds.  I didn't know you had already talked to your Doctors. I was just worried. Cleo I understood you to say you had to much to drink, and Kim you stated that you were crying and shaking very badly and that your friend was very worried.  I thought this might be a cry for help. I am so sorry I misunderstood and stuck my nose in where it didn't belong.   I didn't think I implied you were intoxicated that was not my intention and it is not for me to judge.  Drinking is a personal choice and if you enjoy it and it makes you feel better than indulge yourself.  I am so sorry if I angered either one of you or offended you that was not my intend.  I misunderstood your posts and I am very sorry.

Red
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did ask my Dr. and my therapist before I had any. We usually go out on the weekends and have a few drinks with friends. I had one beer the first week but since I hadn't eaten or anything it just sloshed around in my belly. I had one or two at the wedding we went to last weekend. I did find out that my friend is on Celexa and something else that helps her sleep and she drinks hard liquor. I have not had a shot in a while. I usually only have butterballs or goldsholger because I am a lightweight anyways. But I know I can't drink a lotI have been pretty much drinking water most of the time.

I did wake up this morning twitchy but not too bad. It is probably because my son texted me at 4am to tell me he fell asleep at a friends house. I knew he wasn't home and I tossed and turned all night. My daughter was in Maine all weekend with her boyfriend but texted me before she went to bed. The little guy was home though along with hubby. We went to bed around 11:30 but I had such a hard time sleeping, hopefully tonight will be better. I have work in the morning and a couple meetings. At least it is a four day week and then next week I have two days off. Dave is on vacation all week which will be nice. It is hard to get back in the routine though. I have had him home for three nights with me now and I am a bit mellow at the thought of him going back to work.

My meetings at work are making me nervous too, I have two tomorrow and then five more on Wednesday. I just can't wait for them to be done.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No reprimand cleo.

I have said this often enough. This will be the hardest simple thing you will ever do. If you feel you need to take the straight jacket off once in a while, so be it. You are supposed to get better, not die trying. Enjoy your life and only you can know when you are about to pass from shooting yourself in the foot to shooting yourself in the head. Most SSRIs have a 24 hour half life so when I took them I would skip one day just so I wouldn't mix them with alcohol. I don't imagine you are going to do this every day! I hope you had a good time. Good times are positive and help to bury the negative.

Davit, enjoying my life this side of the ER.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys,
 Thanks for the feedback... its nice to know people care...and when I said I had way too much to drink that was 5 or 6 ...I wasn't wasted !! 
 I certainly wasn't trying to promote drinking at all....if it came across that way I'm sorry. I am clear on the possible side-effects of mixing meds and booze.
But I'm human, and as humans do...to quote Davit...we shoot ourselves in the foot once in a while.
 Cleo

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello members,

Red does make a good point about being cautious with mixing medications and alcohol. It is always a great idea to consult your physician regarding these matters. Keep in mind every situation is unique, therefore if your physician makes a particular suggestion to you then you can safely follow their orders.  

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would have to agree why shoot yourself in the foot?  Alcohol is a depressant!!  You may want to read up on the literature on line about the meds you are taking before you start adding another drug like Alcohol to the mix.  It would be wise to ask your Physician before drinking Alcohol with any medication you take.  I personally do not drink alcohol or take any other mind altering drugs.  I must state again Alcohol is a Depressant.  Please be careful when mixing drugs together.  The results could be deadly.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alcohol is a depressant.
Why shoot yourself in the foot.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cleo and Mammakim:  Just thought I'd share that when I was on Paxil my doc said two drinks max.  Now that I have BP meds. it's still two drinks max. lol.  
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mamakim,
You sound like you are doing so much better! Good for you! So nice that you have great friends who support you!
Raising teens is hard...I know!  And change is hard too. I have struggles with my kids too...even tho the  oldest is 21..he's still a worry....so I understand!
Funny you should mention having a few drinks while taking Celexa...I've been on it over 2 months now, and didn't have any drinks til last Friday....my hubby got promoted....so there was a party and I had too much to drink! I was woried about any possible side-effects, but had none..other  than even more vivid dreams...
Hope youre having a fun July 4th!
Cleo

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mammakin,

I am glad to hear that the song worked great for that day!  You can be sure to use it again if you need to in the future. I am glad to hear that for the most part you are feeling better. Continue working through the program, the more sessions you work through the better things will be.

If you looked back 5 years from now on this time of your life how would you perceive it?

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: