Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

New

13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not taken the Ativan, I kind of feel like it today but I have not. I am also a smoker and have smoked way too much to try to relax myself but I feel like I have a smoke hangover.

I think the things going on now are just overwhelming me and that is why I am so bad. Hubby worked third shift until about two years ago. Our house burned down on halloween night of 2007, then he got switched to a 5am to 1am shift then again this year he was switched to 7 to 4. Now his job moved to Boston so he is third shift. I also have three kids, They are 20, 17 & 14 ( Not that I have to say too much about having kids those ages) the 14& 17 year olds may have to go to Summer school. I will find out tuesday, the 17 year old got his license two weeks ago and while he was driving the gas tank fell off the truck. They told me that he was lucky that it did not catch on fire. They had to close down the road because of the gas. My 20 year old is pretty good, she took me out yesterday and I was nice and relaxed with her but this morning I woke up shaking and very depressed.

It also does not help that I have two jobs. I  work in a corporate office doing accounting during the day and two nights a week I work at Subway. The first job is high stress which I never had a problem with before but the boss tends to make you feel like you are not doing a good job. I called in sick Thursday because I felt so horrible but I went in Friday and it wasn't too bad. The other supervisor talked to me and made me feel a bit better. I feel like I am over-analyzing when my hubby leaves tonight.

I also did not want to become dependent on the Celexa, I don't really want to be on it for the rest of my life. I feel like I need to take control back but I am not sure how to do it
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mammakin

Your Dr may have told you this and you may have forgot it or you might not have been told. Celexa does little in the first two weeks and in some people they feel worse. It takes six weeks before full effects. For those that it work for it is priceless but you have to get in the first two weeks to find out. Since it has not made you violently worse in the first two days it will most likely work for you. Stick it out if you can because it will make doing the program easier. Read the section on relaxation techniques, Box breathing will help with the Anxiety till the Celexa kicks in. Avoid Ativan if you can. If you can't try not to exceed four weeks.

Been there, done that.
Here for you.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mammakim, 
Hi and welcome to the group.  Once you start reading and working the program you will see improvement in the way you are feeling.  It will help you understand what you are feeling and why and give you the tools you need to help you get well.  Working the program is the key.  Reading posts and posting is helpful if you want to do that also but you do not have to do that to get well.  Remember this is your journey and to put yourself first and do what you need to do to get yourself well.  You have taken the first step by signing up for the program and posting and should be very proud of yourself.  Take it slow and one step at a time and I think you will begin to see progress.

reddesertflower
aka Red
13 years ago 0 11219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Mammakim,

You are not alone in this, we are here to support you.  Begin by making a schedule for your self for working on the program.  This program works and if you stick with it you will see results. Also, be sure to reward yourself for all your successes.  After all you deserve to treat yourself!

Soon more members will be around to welcome you as well.

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi

I am newly signed up and I have had mild panic attacks since I was a kid, but they started intensifying a a couple months ago. Tonight my husband starts his third shift job and I am freaking out. The Dr put me on Celxa last wednesday but I actually feel shakier. I am not sure if it is just because I know tonight he will be gone or if it is the meds. I have never been on meds before except once to get on an airplane. And that was Ativan.

Reading this thread: