Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Getting by 2

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
People can be very determined in their thinking. Some of the larger panic sites are just talk about medication and although most admit it is a temporary fix they aren't interested in anything else. Very few are interested in CBT or mindfulness and even fewer are willing to try it. I've removed myself from every site but this one. In fact I went on one to say good bye to friends and give them an Email address only to find I was banned from it for no reason. That is twice now with no warning. Some days I wish I had never bought a computer. I used to read a lot more before. Anyway, I'm doing good mentally and so are my friends so never doubt CBT works. Physically I could be a lot better. 
I've got very creative with the low or no cholesterol cooking. My latest is mock birds nest soup. It has a tiny tiny bit of ham and an egg white. No yolk. Just replace the expensive birds nest with boiled sauerkraut. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad your white count is going down and your body is fighting the infection.

I love apple pie...either with maple syrup on it or vanilla ice cream.

Love hot chocolate too.

It's a cold, windy, rainy day here.  A perfect day for reading, cuddling with the dog and having a nap.
Well my white cell count came down a lot last month, one more point to get back to normal for me. 

I'll find out about Xrays Tuesday. 

I'm on my third anxiety site besides this one. Panic Centre is so friendly compared to them. There is always someone that wants to run things and chase people off.  It gets my heart going so I wonder what it does to others with anxiety bad. I thought I'd try their chat rooms to see what bothers people but no one seems to use them. 
Today I'm making an apple pie but doing it very slow. Lots of pain killer. Lots of hot chocolate too. 
Well, back to making pie I think.

Davit
PS nice day, hoping to dig some carrots for supper.
Six Xrays and six tubes of blood today. It will be a few days before results. Nice day today, I want to spend some time outside. First have to let the painkiller work.

Davit. 
I need to get my neck xrayed tomorrow to see why I have a pinched nerve. 

I can tolerate 30C here because it is dry. But I don't like it. 13C during the day, around 5C at night. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cardio Tech thanks for the well wishes. I sure wish it was dry heat but the Current temp here in southern California at 9 p.m. is 84 degrees Fahrenheit with 48 percent humidity. Not a dry hot desert like parts of New Mexico, Death Valley or Quartzsite Arizona. I wish. By the way the skies are clear here and the Supermoon is at three quarters eclipse where I live. Hope you get to see it tonight...Red...
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks CT.  The open forum is fine, while I struggle with the anniversaries of mom's passing, in the last month of 12.   Maybe its just my vulnerability, isolation, but I really choked up watching the papal visit.  This is some quality which makes me melt, which music also draws.  Normally I'm stoic or spaced.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yuck.  

I'm not sure which I'd like more:  you're really hot, dry weather...or the hot but humid weather we get here in Ontario.  35oC which feels like it's over 40oC (104oF) with the humidity is like walking into a sauna.  

It hits you as soon as you walk outside like a punch in the chest and takes your breath away (just like when you walk into a -35oC winter day only the opposite).  You sweat with every movement, and you feel like you need a shower as soon as you get out of the shower.  

Here's hoping you get some relief from the heat and some rain.
By the way that's 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the shade outside on my covered patio. The temp inside the house last night at 10 p.m. was 78 degrees. Maybe it's the global warming they keep talking about. The summers have been getting warmer the last few years here and in turn the winters have been getting colder here also. At the moment we have Wild Fires all over the state of California where I live that are out of control due to the severe drought that we have had for several years now. We are hoping and praying for more rain this coming winter.
That would be 68 degrees Fahrenheit here. It's 11:30 a.m. here and the temp is at 100 degrees Fahrenheit already. So it's going to be a hot one here today. I am getting a bit of what I call Summer Cabin Fever here and sure do look forward to getting outside more once the temps have fallen. Have a lovely Fall Everyone...Red...

Reading this thread: