Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Pleasant Activites and such

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still working on getting back on track after a couple of negative distractions blow into town 10 days ago leaving me physically and emotionally depleted..

I am a bit sick now but in time I am hoping to be back to where I left off at..So for now I will rest up and pamper myself a bit until I heal again..

Red...

Looking forward to relaxing today with comfort of my normal routine..

Red...

Spent the day curled up with a good book.
Today was a very good day..

Red..
Yesterday morning I went for a 55 minute walk around some man made lakes and saw lots of happy ducks, than I come home and  spent the rest of the day working on a hobby..

This morning I was feeling a bit tired so I went back to sleep and slept in. I finally got up late at 630 a.m. and had breakfast so I am running late today.  It's 830 a.m. now the morning overcast is gone so it is heating up already.

So today I'll skip the walk stay in and relax with my sewing..

Have a great day everyone!
Ta Ta for now!

Red..
Now after posting on another thread, back to some positive distractions..

Getting ready to sort out my 2.5" fabric strips into lights and darks before I cut them into smaller segments to build blocks with. Then I will put them together and sew them into individual blocks after that with scant quarter inch seams. Next I will square them each up and trim them into to one perfect block. From there I will join all the blocks into rows with precision and join these rows together to form one solid quilt top.

These are some of the steps in the process.
 Hopefully these steps will teach me patience and help me to learn how stay focused.

Red :) lol

Positive distractions for today..Learning something new...
I have been working on a new project and am learning the basics of the color wheel and various combinations of color. The goal is to combine these ideas into a new quilt that I thinking about creating. I am using my existing landscape of colors in my garden as a learning tool and as inspiration for this project..This seems to be easiest way of learning and understanding these formal ideas of color for me.

Red..
Put out my Flag on the front porch and spent the day relaxing and remembering at home on Memorial Day this year..
I am very grateful to all who fought and died for the freedom that I enjoyed today and every day day of the year....

Red..

Finished my tumbler quilt last week!

Now I'm working on finishing up a Christmas Quilt from around the same time..over two years ago too...

I got off track after having surgery around that time and am just now beginning to catch up..I had thought about having surgery again this year, it is a elective surgery but I do not feel that I would bounce this time around. It took over 2 years last time.

That frightens me more than my physical ailment and besides I am feeling no pain right now so why go asking for trouble anyway..The doctors are not positive at all about the end results of surgery anyway. I think that Sometimes Somethings are better off left alone..Of course they are more than willing to operate and take the money if surgery is what a person wants..They just can not guarantee that I will be better off in fact they say I may be worse off and have chronic pain if I proceed with surgery..

So for now I will enjoy the time I have and continue working on finishing up my quilts..

Red..

Still sewing..
Turned the living room into a mini work station and then back into a living room again..I am still working on finishing my quilt from 2 years ago..and am hand sewing the binding on now. I am almost at the finish line.

I find the sewing helps me and  am wondering what will I do when it is finished.
I will need another project..or something? Just not sure what it will be yet..

Red..
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday was a very long day for me but a good one. I got a lot done. But that isn't the main thing. The main thing is that I wanted to. If I made a list of all that needs to be done I'd be depressed. Instead I just do it in what ever order seems right. And I do it in such a way as to rest a bit. For every hard job I add one I can do sitting down and pace myself. I am very happy with what I accomplish. Even on days when it isn't as much as I planned. The thing is that like you I want to do what I have to and I'm doing what I want to even if some of it is things I have to. It takes the stress out of it. Amazing how many things I am getting done that were put off for years. Amazing how clear I think and how organized I am.
But that is CBT right. A changing of thought patterns for the better. Nothing is as important as being happy. Amazing that two words turned into thought and action can do this. That it can block pain even. That accomplishment is just that, not a chore anymore. I wonder some times where and when I got the negative attitude I used to have. Was it the world I was living in. There is a lot of negative around us. 

David.

Reading this thread: